What's the difference between ACA and ACCA?

ACCA

Hi, if I failed an ACCA paper before and now would like to switch to ACA, would that be a problem? Thanks a bunch !

That really depends. If you want to switch to ACA, then presumably you want to enter a training contract at a public practice firm?

The ICAEW will register you for the ACA just fine, they don’t care if you’ve failed a paper for the ACCA, nor do they ask for that information.

However, your future employer might ask you about it, and might be put off by an exam fail.

So, basically, as long as your employer doesn’t mind, it’s not a problem.

Yeah this is for a trainee position; i think only pwc did ever ask about previous failure/pass of qualifications.
Thanks a bunch anyway :slight_smile:

HI i am ACCA affiliate. now want to start ACA. i have no Firm Experience but do have 3 years of experience in small organizations. i am from pakistan. is my my decision is right to start ACA in Pakistan?

‘Dubious A levels’, ‘terrible accountants’ ? Where does that put you? Any of those could be far more successful and richer than you. They are not any less Mr Know zilch All. Never put others down, getting a stupid grade A means nothing in terms of business capabilites.

Won’t hire unless they ‘were extremely attractive’? The idiot who makes the hiring decision.

Why do you want an ACA if you already have an ACCA? Does it add value to your CV in Pakistan?

If yes, go for it. If no, why do it?

If you are hoping to do an ACA and then try to get a job in the UK, that’s going to be very hard, and I doubt ACA/ACCA will make ANY difference. What you should be doing instead is get into public practice, preferably at an international firm, build up a few years experience, and then try to move overseas. ACA vs ACCA will make little to no difference to your ability to get a job here. But having PwC or Deloitte on your CV will.

So, long story short, if you hope to use ACA in Pakistan, I really can’t comment. If it gets you a better job in Pakistan, go for it.

But if you hope to use ACA in the UK, then no, don’t do it - at least not before you have some work experience that you can leverage into a UK job.

And keep in mind - you’ll make much more money in the UK, but you’ll also spend much more, and the weather is shit.

Well i have a silly question but it Is serious for my future life well i am studying FIA and given exams for some of the papers but I was confused about my career when I started the FIA but now I want to know if after having acca degree can I change my career path & will it effect my qualification? Cause I heard that if you aren’t in regular practice in Accountant or finance depatment you loose your education certficate and they cancels your membership but I really do want to finish what I started… Thank you

HI
COULD YOU PLEASE ASSIST me ;( what is difference between ACA and ACCA which is better recolonized except in UK. IS any of it is enough for a healthy job otherwise which other degree supports it best. THANK YOU IN ADVANCED :slight_smile:

ACA and CIPFA (or was it CIMA?) wanted to merge at one point - I haven’t heard anything on ACA and ACCA merging - can’t see it happening anytime soon either.

And the weather is shit. Second that !

Hello Sushi ,
Both the ACA and the ACCA are indeed highly recognized and valued across the globe.
ACA :
The ACA is a qualification prescribed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), and stands for Association of Chartered Accountants. It is not to be confused with the similar-sounding ACCA qualification. More than 2,850 employers are authorised to provide training by the ICAEW, with around 6,000 training vacancies open each year.
The ACA qualification typically takes three years to complete, though it can take up to five years (generally the maximum length of a training contract). Graduates will often find that the qualification comes as part of finance-related graduate schemes in various firms, though this is not the only route in. There are essentially four parts to attaining qualification:

1. 15 ACA modules
  2. Practical work experience (3–5 years)
  3. Professional development
  4. Ethics/professional scepticism training.
    ACCA :
    The Association of Certified Chartered Accountants is a global professional body for chartered accountants. Graduates entering sectors such as finance or business are, in many cases, required to train for the ACCA qualification as part of their graduate scheme. It is often considered a desirable qualification in finance roles outside the sector as well, such as within the finance teams of IT or engineering companies. The qualification is predominantly relevant to the field of audit and assurance. On completion, you will become a member of the ACCA. Registration for the ACCA costs £79, with a further £83 annual subscription fee.
    The ACCA usually takes three to four years of study to achieve, although the structure of your course often varies depending upon your employer. PwC, for example, typically requires its graduate intake to take more exams in the early stages of their graduate schemes. This tactic means that PwC graduates pass particular examinations ahead of the competition, which can make the firm more appealing to clients – passing the exams is proof of a certain amount of knowledge and credibility.
    The three main components of the ACCA are:
  5. Exams – up to 14 exams, depending on exemptions
  6. Experience – 36 months' experience in a relevant role (achieving the 13 performance objectives)
  7. Ethics – the Professional Ethics module.

Hello, Iam Hussnain from Pakistan
Iam b.com graduated now want to study ACCA in Australia but ACCA is the UK qualification, In Australia ACCA converts to ACA can anybody tell me which is healthy and future benifits qualification please describe it’s advantages and how it affects on my future carrer, beside it my future thoughts is to live in Australia.
Bunch Of Thanks… :slight_smile:

I can only tell you that I’ve ran finance teams in the UK and Australia and I have looked on ACA and ACCA in the same way. You’re a qualified accountant by your exam results. That’s simply a key to open a door to the interview. Then it’s about having the interpersonal skills. Others might disagree, but I have never been hung up on the difference.

To find a job as a team accountant or bookkeeping staff I need a lot more practice of accounting as well as company management. Has any person experienced in this training program http://miami.asa.edu/academics/degree-programs/business-administration/accounting/? Share your impact.

Qualification of ACA may take Three to Four years while ACCA qualification can be acquired two years especially if the candidate has prior work experience in finance.The ACCA is recognized internationally, but the ACA may not be recognized in some Asian countries. ACA is an apt qualification for those who want careers in accounting and auditing, whereas ACCA is suitable for careers in financial services, financial accounting and management accounting.The ACA program is more rigorous, which makes it difficult to work while obtaining the qualification. The ACCA allows for more flexibility, and the coursework can be broken up into individual sections over time to better fit into a student’s schedule . more information about How to choose a Work ? can visit for link http://surerecruitment.in/attraction-work-legal/

Dear Sushi! ACA is a better qualification and recognised in more countries than ACCA. It takes 3 years to become a Chartered Accountant. It also has flexible schedule and any module (out of 15) you can pass in your own time and choose your order. Only last exam - case study you pass after all 14 exams. You need work experience 3 years and your past practical experience will be counted as well. ACA is a better finance qualifications and it is not just for auditors but for business leaders. That’s why all top professionals in the UK are usually ICAEW members. Go to www.icaew.com and find out more.

Unfortunately what you state is not entirely true: ACCA is recognised in 180 different countries whereas ACA has a UK focus whose acceptance is only guaranteed in jurisdictions where it has explicitly formed a partnership with. An ACA student must be trained in audit however ACCA acknowledges that not all accountants are auditors and provides for those choosing an industry or a practice route. The rigour with which an auditor qualifying with either body is of comparable standard. The ACCA has incredibly stringent rules in terms of study and practical experience requirements for student auditors.
Anna please be careful not to bring competition into disrepute as that is not ethical: your employer should warn you about that !

ACCA is the global recognized and the ACA for England. ACA consists the 3 level exam should be clear but in ACCA there is 4 levels with relevant experience in audit, finance or accounting and with technical audit experience in taxations.

ACCA vs ACA – What’s the Difference? –

Both ACA and ACCA are of international repute and provide multiple job opportunities.
ACA is more suitable for people who would like to pursue their career in Auditing and Accounting,
whereas, ACCA is more comprehensive, giving options for people who want to pursue a career in management accounting and financial management, and financial services.

While picking among ACCA and ACA many students get confused about what to pick and what not to pursue. But there are things you should think about before deciding on these two marvelous career options.

First of all, before going into detail about these two courses, you need to make ensure that you know your career goals are. So, if you don’t know, find it out. Start with your likes and dislikes. Finance is a huge domain and there are many options. Just because your friends are doing one and not doing another cannot be the reason for choosing one course over another.

As these two need a lot of patience, perseverance and hard work, you can’t just choose one in a fluke. Take your time. Read about each of them (we’ve given all the details below). And then decide what suits you best.

all the best