What to wear to Accenture assessment centre

Accenture

I’m attending an assessment centre for Accenture next week, am thinking of wearing a light blue shirt, black suit jacket and skirt for the day. On the Accenture website they say that they have a smart casual dress code, so there’s no need to wear a jacket, but am thinking of wearing one to look smart and polished anyway!

What about everyone else? And are you doing anything to prepare for the group exercises/in tray/interview?

Hi n congrats on getting this far… I have my telephone interview soon since u have already been through the first round do u have any word of advice what competency based questions did they ask etc. In relation to dressing for assessment day I think jacket is definitely more presentable that’s what my friend wore to his interview and he is now with accenture!!! Good luck.

hi…
is this for the Junior Technology consultant role ? If so can you please tell me the details of the questions and case study asked for the HR and senior manager interview

Thanks for the advice, I’ve decided to go with shirt, jacket and shirt as that’s the safest bet. Good quality office attire is really expensive though!

Ooh your friend has been through the ACN process already? Does he have any tips for the assessment centre :smiley:
For the telephone interview, I had to answer a lot of competency based questions - I think about 7 or 8 in total, so make sure you prepare answers based on the following lines: leadership, communication, dealing with a difficult situation, problem solving and teamwork.

Just be sure you have enough examples for the length of the interview and you should be ok. I would also suggest looking at the case studies on Accenture’s website as I was asked to talk in detail about one of Accenture’s projects and successes. As long as you have done your research on the company, consulting as a career and can back up any competency based qns with experience you should be fine. Good luck to you too, congrats on getting through the 1st stage of the process!

jamesv - Sorry this is for the Analyst Consulting Group - I have no idea about the junior consultant role.

Hi, Thanks for your comments that really helps because the email they send did not talk about any competency questions. the reserach areas they identified on email…do they cover them all as they are in the email - what was the approach?Yeah two of my friends went through the process successfully…

The assessment day is divided into morning presentation (non assessed but some key information in the presentation so listen carefully), intray excerise (extremely lengthly and no one ever finishes this…dont spend too long reading make your notes ), group exercise (try and take a lead role if it naturally comes, offer to be a scriber that will keep you involved through out the process), case study (ensure whatever you suggest you have clear justification as they will question your justification too!) and finally the interview (this is very short, about your day and why you want this role and your understanding of the role?)

Hope this helps…

Yes they cover all the areas in the email - make sure you prepare thoroughly! For me, the first part of the interview consisted of one question for each of these areas, make sure you know who Accenture’s competitors are and why, what you’ll be doing as an Analyst as well as client successes etc. So make sure you have an answer prepared for each area listed in the email!

Make sure you have a pen and paper handy for the mini case study at the end too, so that you can quickly take notes on the issues.

You’re lucky to know 2 people who have been successful in the process - thanks so much for the useful advice. The in tray exercise sounds really tough and I really hope I can pass that part…

Hi,

Thanx so much for that never realised they were still doing mini case study since it is not a face to face interview…what do they expect to know from the case study…issues and solutions???

It defo helps knowing someone who has been through the process…I am quite happy to share the detailed doc they have prep…ed for me…its advice on all different bits covered in assessment centre. One piece of advice is to know atleast 3-4 case studies inside out. One of my friend was especially commented on how well he knew his case studies. They were well impressed with that!

Wish you all the best!

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they were still doing the mini case study and I couldn’t find anything on the internet about this, but this is the last section of the interview (before asking if you have any questions). The interviewer will read out the case study so get ready to jot down notes. It will be a very short case study though, only a paragraph long at most. You’ll have to discuss issues and solutions but prepare to discuss/acknowledge any potential downsides of the solutions you suggest and come up with ways this can be remedied!

Thank you so much for your help, I’d really appreciate it if you shared the doc your friend gave you, it would be so helpful in the lead up to the AC! And I really hope you do well in the interview, let me know what happens!

Anybody going for the 22nd September Assessment Centre in Manchester??

Why was my previous post on 2nd Sept deleted?! Oh well, good luck everyone!!!

I was wondering why that was blank!!! Good luck with ur assessment centre

Thank you! I gave you some tips on the interview, I wonder why the mods deleted it? I’ve looked at the case studies on the site, really hoping it goes ok :S
Good luck for your phone interview!

Just had my interview, have mixed feelings!!! The wait begins… I am sure you will be great.Keep me posted on how yours go…

Had my assessment centre today - mixed feelings also! I feel I could have done better in the group exercise and the in tray task.

The staff at the AC were so lovely and it made me really want to work there, sigh…

Am gearing myself up for rejection by job hunting again :frowning:

Hi mikomi, never give up…as u said, putting ur mind on another emplyer’s grad position wud help u relieve the feeling of rejection but at the same time, u shud also take everything positive from the experience at the AC and make your next application even better and stronger. Never give up. Fight for your dreams.

I agree I am sure you’ve done well…some times we over critisize everything and if you are anything like me probably over anlayse afterwards too!!!

Did you finish your in0tray and if not dont worry coz from what I have heard most people dont!!

If I am invited to assessment day I wont be looking forward to group exercise - dont get a good feeling about it!

How did your case study go.

I agree I am sure you’ve done well…some times we over critisize everything and if you are anything like me probably over anlayse afterwards too!!!

Did you finish your in0tray and if not dont worry coz from what I have heard most people dont!!

If I am invited to assessment day I wont be looking forward to group exercise - dont get a good feeling about it!

How did your case study go?

OMG I just got a phone call from Accenture, I got an offer!!!
Thank you so much for your help Ash, really appreciate it :smiley:
Will post my beginning to end application later :slight_smile:
So so happy, this has made my weekend!

Wow…I knew you will be fine…so happy for you. I would really appreciate any advise or info that you can inbox!!!

Enjoy your week end and celebrate…you gonna have to tell me when you starting etc

:slight_smile: