What to get: ACA, ACCA or Msc?


Hi there,

I would like to change my career path and I want to become a chartered accountant.
My previous degree (Bachelor’s) is in English and German.
I was wondering what should I study to get a job in the UK. I’ve heard there’s a demand in accountants speaking Russian :wink:
Now I was thinking about getting a Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance (a conversion course) from a UK university, but maybe I need to study directly with the ICAEW and get ACA qualified through the courses?
Please, some advice?


Don’t waste your time on the conversion course. Your degree is find, so long as you got a 2.1 or above. Apply for an ACA training contract at the top 20 accounting firms, that’s all you need to do.