wates Assessment Centre

Hi,
Has anyone ever attended an assessment centre for Wates? Or does anyone know what to expect?

The role is Graduate Commercial Management Trainee.

Thanks

Hi Milka,

I hope your assessment centre went well (I know my wishes are coming a year later! lol).
I have an Assessment centre with Lafarge for a commercial field sales executive and I think Wates also falls into the same industry. I was wondering if you could give me a few insights into the industy… what it entails and what skills it takes to succeed in it.

regards,
insanemak

Hi

I was wondering has anyone attended the assessment centre for Wates Comercial Management Training Program. I will be attending on the 26th of this month and jus wanted a heads up.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

Jakz

Hi Jakz,

When did you hear back from Wates? Applied to the scheme but not heard anything back yet.

Cheers

Hi RomeoDunn,

I applyed december last year, had telephone interview mid feb and got email within few days askin to book assessment.

I must not have made the cut then. Received an email at the end of january saying they were going to let people know asap, did you get this email? I have not heard since :frowning:

There is a bit about wates assessment centre on targetjobs, good luck with the day.

Hi All,

i attended an assessment centre in surrey for Wates on the 14th of March. Has anybody else attended one and do you know when we are likely to hear back?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard back from Wates about their assessment centre?/ or whether anyone has been given an offer?
Thanks

Hi Joe, have you heard back from Wates yet??

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately no not yet! i’m hoping that they will let us know this week.

What date did you attend the assessment centre? Also how did you find it?

Yes me too!!

I went on the 22nd Feb… found it OK but you never know with these things! How about you?

mine was on the 14th of march. i thought it went quite well, although everybody there was such a high caliber so it could go either way… which regions did you apply for? im on north west, london and northen home counties.

London, North West… nothern HC I think I put. I just want to know now, either way… what was your best bit of the day?

looks like you’re on for the same regions as me then. yeah i’m the same, i know a lad who has only just has his telephone interview last week.

i think my best part was my interview, thought that went pretty well. the exam was quite straight forward, group task was ok but hard to judge how well that went and the presentation i thought i could have put more in. what about you?

Uh Oh, that must mean that they may not have found the people they wanted from assesment centre…maybe??

ye pretty much the same to be honest…not sure about the group task as its such an artificial situation! and writing one kind of ran out of time! we will see… Good Luck!

Possibly, I’m not sure though. They said maximum 5 weeks to let us know… But a guy there said it’s more like 3…

Yeah exactly, sounds like we’re both in Pretty much the same boat. Good luck to you too. I will post on here if I hear anything!

Possibly, I’m not sure though. They said maximum 5 weeks to let us know… But a guy there said it’s more like 3…

Yeah exactly, sounds like we’re both in Pretty much the same boat. Good luck to you too. I will post on here if I hear anything!

No news…!

Hi,

I wanted to know if has attended the assessment centre for Wates Comercial Management Training Program. I will be attending on the 16th of April. I have never been to any assement centre of any sort. So any information/feedback would ve much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Adam

Haha Adam, I went on the commercial assessment centre day last month. You have to remember its a competition to get the jobs, anybody would be stupid to tell you what it was like. I’ll be happy to discuss what you thought of it after the interview though.