Video Interview

Barclays

Hi guys! Got a video interview coming up for Barclays PCB and Barclaycard, just wondering if anyone could share their experiences? I’ve looked through wikijobs and it seems that these video interviews are fairly new, I’ve looked at the previous telephone interview questions but was wondering if they would be the same over video? Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Hey, I have one coming up too and can’t seem to find any information either! Apparently there are 12 questions- that’s all I know so far! Also you get 2 minutes to answer each question.

Do you know if that 2mins includes the time to read the question as well? Really not looking forward to this

I’m not sure if you get time to prep but you definitely get 120 seconds to say your answer, which needs to be 30-120 seconds long. Also, it seems like it is a strength based interview with some competency questions, if that’s any help!

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ve also seen that they will probs ask about why we want to work at barclays and the role that we’ve chosen. It’s just a bit annoying that there is relatively little info on their website etc about it, when some companies tell you a lot about what’s coming

Yeah I know! I think it’s because the video interview is a fairly new addition to their process. Thank you! I’ll let you know if I find out anything else! Good luck!

It will help to know your CV well so that you will have a better chance of responding on the spot to the questions asked with relevant examples.

Just done mine so I thought I’d give a little guidance about what came up. There were some questions focused on commerical awareness in terms of the issues you would face in your role, and the finance industry in general. There were a lot of questions along the lines of ‘when was a time when you did X’, pretty standard so it’s best to know your CV really well. There were also some questions asking what you would do in certain situations to do with ethics and dealing with customers. So yeah, I’d say just know your chosen area/role and your CV really well. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!

Thank you! Hope it went well!

Hello! I was just wondering when you submited your application and how long it took to review? I sent mine in a few days ago! Also any more info on the interview would be great! :slight_smile:

I got an email inviting me to an interview about a week after I sent my application!

Did mine today. So, you get just over 10 seconds to think after each question and then your answer needs to be 30-120 seconds long. The questions I remember were:
What motivates you to join your division? What are the current issues affecting it?
How satisfied do you feel that someone has fully understood when you are explaining something to them? When have you done this recently?
You’re asked to summarise complex information to a senior manager at the last minute. How do you feel about this? Have you done something similar recently?
How do you ensure you learn new things quickly? When have you done this recently?
When have you improved a process that wasn’t working?
When you read about global issues, do you link them to how they would affect the banking industry?
You also get one practice question at the beginning! After the you have 12 questions.
I would say have a good understanding of Why your division and examples you can draw on from your CV to demonstrate strengths they look for. Good luck!

Was this to the PCB and Barclaycard interview?

It was for IB, but I’m pretty sure there are similar questions for most areas!

Hmm, did you get throug? What’s barcalays IB, is it called “banking”