Unilever

Unilever

Hi

Congratulations to all those who got to the telephone interview stage. The questions they asked were to give examples regarding their standards of leadership. Other than that, they asked about my knowledge of the specific program I was applying for, why Unilever and competitors.

Good luck!

Hi

I think it varies but for me it was as follows - application, 2 weeks later online tests, 2 weeks later telephone interview, 2 days after I got an invitation to an AC early December.

hi guys

In regards to the telephone interview then it is important to review unilevers standards of leadership and make sure u r specific in what u say…the interviewer is restricted in their time as they quickly move on to the next question so be concise and avoid waffling

you will be asked about 6 comp questions and a few questions on why unilever, competitors and why the position you have applied for

Has anyone been to a Selection Day yet? If so, could you provide details as to what actually happens in the tasks and what questions you are asked in the face to face interview?

Anybody else going to the Selection Day in December for supply chain?

Previous posts in this thread suggest there are five activities during the day - but the email I received from Unilever states there will only be three 1) Analyse information and present to a manager 2) Group activity and 3) Competency interview.

Apparently they also interview at the end regarding where else you’ve applied so that they can get an understanding of the types of industry you’re interested in and also so that they can make a decision quickly if you’ve been offered elsewhere.

What edge do Unilever have over our biggest competitors

How did people answer this??

Any help will be appreciated :slight_smile: thanks

Hey,

congrats on passing the telephone interview.]]Just wondering how you asked why unilever and how does unilever have a competitive advantage over its competitors?
And why fcmg?

Your help will be greatly appreciated as I am very stuck

Hey guys

I’ve applied to the Marketing scheme. I’ve passed the online test stage, but I haven’t received any emails confirming this, however on my application page it says:

“There are currently no bookable events available at this time, please check again later. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused”

Has anyone else got this message?

Hi bear_blu, I got the same message as well since last Thursday. I guess they are still receiving and evaluating lots of applicants to come up with a finalised list of people for the tele interview. I’m sure they will inform us soon.

Hello guys!

I’ve recently been through the telephone interview and it is exactly as described in this forum!! Competency based questions and then why unilever, fmcg, competitive advantage etc

I was wondering, those of you that went through the interview, did you wait 1 week to find out about the outcome? Am I right to believe that if you don’t hear from them within 1-2 days you are in fact rejected?

Thank you and good luck to all of you!

Hey PinkyFlamy

I’m sorry I don’t have an answer to your query. I was just wondering what the Competency questions were based on?/What were your competency questions?
Were the predominantly to do with leadership or did they ask you questions like “Give an example of when you had to influence a group of people to your thinking”

Thanks! And good luck with the remainder of your application

Pinky - I heard back from them the next day but I’m not sure if this is the case for everybody. I know some people on this forum are still waiting for an invitation to a Selection Day even though they were interviewed way before I was, whereas I passed my telephone interview only a few weeks ago and my Selection Day is next week.

Booked my slot for the telephone interview, I’m pretty nervous already.

Also, could someone give me some advice. Basically on the competency questions, is it a bad call to talk about things that I’ve done at school?

And I have another dilemma, I want to try and squeeze in something about when I did a work placement for PWC if they ask me about something analytical related. However this placement was in 2007 so is it worth me mentioning it or should I avoid it.

Anyones thoughts will be massively appreciated

Hi bear_blu

I guess you could try to give an example of how you solved a problem analytically during your time at PwC, as long as it is relevant.

Hope it helps!

Bear_blu,
Hey how did u get to book your tele interview? online or did they give you a call? I am still not able to book it since last Thursday!!

hey!
well the status on my application changed on monday, and it said “there are no bookable events at this time…” (I didn’t receive any emails)
but today the status changed again with the option to book a slot online via the application page.
and then a couple of hours after doing that i received an email confirming my slot

To those asking me about the telephone interview : It is about the 5 Unilever competencies - have a look at the forum and you should find people describing the process in very much detail!

Hi all
I recently receive an email to book an telephone interview slot but there was only one available time slot which I was unavailable for. I’m a bit worried that this time slot was for me and I missed my chance. Currently my application says currently there are no booking events at this time. Should I wait for contact Unilever?
Thanks

Lexus,
I advise you to call up the HR department. I actually did that just now and was able to choose the interview slot according to my availability. So yeah try to do that.

Hi, everyone
I took the telephone interview for UFLP last monday,26th Nov, and recruitor told me they would contact with me this week. However, it is thursday now and i did not get any upgraded information. Have anyone alreay received results or faced the same situation with me? .
Best Regards

Hi everyone!

I recently had a telephone interview with Unilever, it was literally just the 5 competencies and then standard Why Unilever, Why this division etc. The posts on this forum were really helpful.

I have been invited to a Selection Event next week (12th/13th December), is anyone else attending this? The details I have recieved about the day at the Head Office seem very straightforward, but I am more unsure about the evening at the hotel before. Any ideas on what we are supposed to wear or anything? I doubt we’re supposed to suit up as it is just a meal with some graduates, so maybe just smart casual, but it doesnt say anything (and I dont want to be the only one dress inappropriately!).

Thanks!