TUI Travel - International Management Trainee (21&22th June, Hannover)

TUI Travel

Hello everybody,

I have been invited to the Assessment Centre(AC) of TUI Travel for its International Management Trainee Programme. I am trying to find out how it is going to be the AC but it seems like there is not much information on the internet. I just wonder whether any of you had attended to this event in previous years. I also know that there was an AC on the 1th of June in London for the same position. I will really appreciate any recommendation, help, etc. For instance, couple of days ago I received the AC schedule but it only says “group and individual exercises” but nothing more. So I will be really glad to know more about the type of interviews, case studies and/or groupworks…

Thank you very much in advance!

Ps: I know the company has nothing to do with Retail or FMCG but there was not any sector as Travel & Tourism. I’m new here and I don’t know how to open a new section so I’ve just chosen this section.

Hi,

Congrats! i am knew to this too.

I have applied for the Leadership Graduate Scheme - and have a telephone interview coming up! Just wondering if you can give me any tips or information on what kinds of questions they ask??

Any help would be great!

Hi,

Well, the phone interview was pretty classic I’d say. It was like for 45-50 minutes and she first asked questions about my background. Simple questions about my studies and internships, what did I learn, etc.

Second part was more about the company; she asked questions to see my motivation. Why I have applied to TUI Travel, why this programme, etc. Maybe 1-2 questions like what do you know about us, what are some of our brands…

The final part was typical competency-based-questions, tell me a time when you did bla bla, describe me a situation where you had to bla bla.

All in all, I think it is not that complicated. So be confident and make sure to know the company before the interview; so check out their webste.

Good luck!

I still need help for the Assessment Centre by the way, anybody there?:slight_smile:

Same here…

Thanks for the advice! No luck yet, about assessment day?

Hey!

how your assessment center went on?

Could you please give some info, as I will have one soon!)

Hey!

How your assessment center went on?

Could you pls give some info as I will have one soon))

Hello,

I was invited for the assessment centre by TUI as well. Can anyone who attended the AC give any clue? Any advice will be appreciated!

Many thanks
Theresa

Hey,
anyone recruiting this year? I’m after phone interview waiting for response

Hi,

I’ve applied too! What area did you apply for? I’ve got my phone interview coming up soon. Can you recall any of the questions? Would be a great help. I’m so scared.

what do you mean what area? I’ve applied fot the programme, not for area.
They mainly ask about your motivation, why they should choose you, and quite many competency based questions but the conversation was nice :slight_smile:

gool luck!

Yeah sorry, I meant what programme?. I applied for Finance grad scheme, fingers crossed. Ah I see, thankuu :slight_smile:
Have you heard back after your phone interview? Best wishes!!

I applied for International Management Trainee Programme (like in a title).
No, I’m still waiting, they told me two weeks, tomorrow is the last possible day but probably it will take longer…
best wishes for you too :slight_smile:

I have a phone interview for the finance sceme too. Does anyone remember any of the competency questions they asked ? From any programme, they look for the same competencies anyway. good luck to everyone!

Hi

Had the phone interview about a month back, the key areas they ask you to show expertise is in, leadership, situation handling skills, justifying the reasons behing applying for the job, where you see yourself 5 years from now, strengths, weaknesses, new learnings and if you agree to travel on job assignments. Thats most of it, good luck!

Hi

Had the phone interview about a month back, the key areas they ask you to show expertise is in, leadership, situation handling skills, justifying the reasons behing applying for the job, where you see yourself 5 years from now, strengths, weaknesses, new learnings and if you agree to travel on job assignments. Thats most of it, good luck!

I got the invitation for AC too, is there anyone have experience for that?

I went to the Assessment Centre about 2 years ago (placement), however, it might have changed and as that was a placement scheme it might also be longer!

Format was pretty standard

• Presentation on the scheme
  • Competency based interview
  • Group exercise - decide which hotel to feature in the brochure (i think they rated influence and team working ability here)
  • Maths and reading exercise

It was a while ago and like I said it has probably changed since then. What they really wanted to see was commercial awareness.

I know they asked about ATOL , all their different competitors who they were etc, who has been driven out the market place recently, the effect that the euro has had on holidays (a lot of people where trying to go to Turkey etc at that time) - whether all inclusive was the way forward (this was back in 2010 though). They asked the main challenges which at the time were to sell as many seats as possible and with a recession still looming within the UK the market has been hard hit, with many choosing to abort their holiday plans in order to save money. Other than the commercial acumen questions there was the usual competencies on team working, leadership, situational handling etc. I think I scored 38/40 in the interview - but it was a while ago!

thx a lot for the information! that was a great help already!!!