Tubelines

Has anyone else applied? I put in an app for the Electrical scheme last year, and just got an invite to do some online tests. Apparently the next stage is the assessment centre, no messing about!

I’ve also applied for the electrical scheme and just recieved the invite for the online tests. Have you applied to any other rail based companies/schemes?

I’ve just done the online tests for TFL and I’m waiting on the results and hoprfully a telephone interview. I’ve got the network rail AC booked up for the end of Feb in Watford and an interveiw with scott wilson rail Ltd. next week.

How did you find the telephone interview for TFL? Any tips or hints?

I was thinking a similar thing about TubeLines. They’ve taken the longest to reply and with the issues they had with budgets/spending towards the end of last year I was half expecting them to withdraw from the grad market.

Cool. Have ACs lined up for Transport for London and Network Rail. Had almost written TL off - looks like they’re in a bad place financially at the moment and it wouldn’t surprise me if they get swallowed up by TfL soon, a la Metronet.

Their grad scheme looks pretty good though - more or less what TfL are offering, if maybe with a little less scope for placements outside of engineering.

What about you?

That’s odd, my reply came after yours - guess Wikijob is having an off day!

The TfL tele interview was a pretty standard competency based one, can’t remember too much about it - done so many of these things! Just the usual stuff: make sure you have an example for each of the competencies they list, you can articulate your motivations for wanting to work there, ect.

Is your Network Rail AC on the 23rd? Might see you there!

to unemployable and jobseekers. I applied for Tubelines aswell. I ask the HR guy before, he said they only need two Electrical Engineer, then 10 positions overall. As of Network Rail, I couldnt pass the situational judgement test. i even made a second account then recorded the judgement test from the first one and i still failed it.
TFL was my first telephone interiew and i failed it.
Have you guys got anyother suggestions on where else to apply, time is really running out for me.

to unemployable and jobseekers. I applied for Tubelines aswell. I ask the HR guy before, he said they only need two Electrical Engineer, then 10 positions overall. As of Network Rail, I couldnt pass the situational judgement test. i even made a second account then recorded the judgement test from the first one and i still failed it. TFL was my first telephone interiew and i failed it. Have you guys got anyother suggestions on where else to apply, time is really running out for me.

Thanks for the info ifmeister, sounds like you’ve been unlucky. Gradcracker.com is a good resource for researching engineering schemes. Have you considered Bombardier?

I just recieved the news that I’ve got a telephone interview with TFL next week, so lets hope that goes well.

It’s getting quite late in the academic year now to start applying, lots of deadlines have past. If your quick at writing applications then try Balfour Beatty, Npower, Centrica, Scotish and Southern Elec. buit all close this weekend.

Unfortunately ifmeister there are dozens more graduates than there are vacancies, despite the industry saying there is a lack of talented engineers in the country. I’ve had a few rejections now, hopefully I have learned from my mistakes and will be able to nail one of these job opportunities. Keep spirit.

Unemployable - I shall see you in Watford on the Feb 23rd. How did you find the Kenexa Online Tests for The TubeLines? I’ve read that they are more complicated/harder than the SHL tests, do you have an opinion on that? I tried their online examples and flew through them first time with an 80%ish.

Are you currently working anywhere at the moment Unemployable?

Well done on the TfL interview mate, hope it goes smoothly. Doing retail work at the moment, pretty tedious - really hoping I nail these ACs too.

I’ve done some Kenexa tests before which I found quite easy, probably more so than SHL (apart from the logical reasoning one which was very tough) - think TL only use verbal/numerical though.

anyone got a reply from tubelines about the assessment centre yet?

I have got an invitaion for the assessment center :smiley:

when is your AC ahyolmu?

9th Next month. Does anyone know how many positions are avaibale for Mech Eng?

anyone else got any feedback from tube lines yet?

did anyone went to AC for tube lines last thursday? can you shed some light on what happen that day?

got an email today.didn’t get through to assesment centre.anyone else got news?

dont know why tubeline sent email late saying ppl didn make it to the assessment. i had my assessment on tuesday which was the last one, waiting for reply which they said will giv by the end of this month.

i recently applied to tubelines for a electrical scheme and got to the ac. after the ac i was offered a job which i did not want to take. but to help everyone out ill tell you what comes on the ac.

there are 2 group exercises and a technical interivew.

the 2 group exercises are meant to mainly test ur communication and team working skils. the case study was on a little girl in the tube all lost. it required the group members to come up wid a new tube map that would help the little girl find her way. basicaly create a tube map and name ur own tube lines. we called one of our lines “mind the lady’s gap”

on the 2nd group exercise it was just a straitforwad case study. the case study was based on how the tfl increase the fare rate every quarter and why that is fair. u need to come up wid new reasons to try and find out how much u can increse the fare by that will keep the public poor. basicaly how much money u can rip off people. we decided to increase fare rates outside zones 1 for example 2-3. this means the bankers and lawyers responsible for the collapse of the economy dont have to pay too much to travel on the tube but normal people not being able to afford living in central zones have to pay more.

The technical interview was how to make “improvements” so that tfl could take in more money from the councils. one part also included justifications why the bloody jubilee line is always closed and why the east london line will remain closed longer than expected.

did u have your ac this year? was it on 4mar. I had mine at 9 mar and the activities we had were completely different from yours.