Transport for London (TfL) Graduate Assessment Centre

Transport for London

Hi, I recently got invited to an assessment centre with TFL. I would appreciate if you guys can share your views. I applied for the project management role in LU. Also, is it true that they send you information in the post to prepare a presentation, and does this have to be in powerpoint?

Thanks in advance.

When are the assessment centres?

Are they still doing two rounds?

i’ve been told that for the position i applied for, there was only going to be one AC (contracts and procurement). This is going to be held in mid February!

Hi guys,

If you don’t mind me asking, how did it go? I have an electrical engineering AC coming up, would be interested in any insights you can share

Can I just ask how you thought the original application went? They were like the only company to reject my initial application and it was the one I wanted most. I am still mad.

I got though to the assessment center stage, and I thought my original application went pretty well, i just emphasised how much I wanted to be in London. I guess they must have so many applications it must be hard to pick between them, theres probably a lot of luck involved!

Just found out about this site recently!! I just had my online application succesfull for the Surface Transport . I think I am fortunate because if I pass the other stages my AC would be after 15 Dec. I would be greatful if any of you gus can post fresh information after AC. Thank you so much for your posts regarding your interview experience, they would be a massive help if I pass the SHL and first Tel Interview.
Good luck!!!

Hi All,

Just found out I’ve throuhg to the assessment centre on tuesday and a bit panicked about the presentation… has anyone got any advice about what they are looking for / what follow up questions are like?

Appreciate any advice!

Hi
kate.duffy84
Just found out about this site recently!! I just had my online application succesfull for the Surface Transport . I think I am fortunate because if I pass the other stages my AC would be after Tuesday. I would be greatful if you or any of others can post fresh information after AC. Thank you so much for your posts regarding your interview experience, they would be a massive help if I pass the SHL and first Tel Interview.
Good luck!!!

Hello Sara725,

Which sector of the Surface Transport scheme have you applied to and which stage of the process are you currently at? I’ve been luckily enough to have passed all my SHL tests and I had my telephone interview last week, but they said I don’t hear anything until January as the Assessment Centres are in Feb/March.
Phil

Hey Phil

Which division did you apply to? I applied to Customer Service Management Scheme and the process seems quite slow TBH.

Did they say the next stage for you is AC?

Good morning DiligentLady,

I applied to the Civil Engineering sector of the Surface Transport Scheme.
They said that I should hear back form my telephone interview in about 3 weeks time, but it was 1 week ago now, but i’m expecting it to be longer, then they said the next stage is the AC which is in Feb/March time which is a little disappointing as I have a few before then which if accepted, will be pushed for an answer on, but would much prefer this scheme. Is anybody else in this situation?

Also, has anybody else applied for the Civil Engineering Scheme, what sort of dates for feedback / AC were they given?

Regards,
Phil

Also, good luck to those that have Assessment Centres today and tomorrow (Which I think is the Finance scheme). Let us know how you think you got on!

Hey Ive got my assessment centre tomorrow. Would it be ok if you posted some tips since you would have done it by the time you see this. Best of Luck

Hey Guys,

How was AC? What was the structure?

Greetings all! I sincerely hope everybody is well.

I have just found this site, which has been most useful. There seem to be a number of threads regarding TfL, one of which begins with a very informative outline of one persons experiences with the application process a couple of years ago. Since registering so I could reply, haven’t found that thread again! No matter, I’ll post my situation here.

Applied for the scheme fresh out of uni couple of years ago - got nowhere, as with most of the others I’d put in for at that time, so gone away and improved myself (I hope!) and had another stab at it this time. I got invited to do the first SHL test, thought I’d failed that, then got invited to do the second SHL test, thought I’d failed that, then got invited to telephone interview. I felt that went quite well, had some good situations in mind before they called and seemed to work. Got second telephone interview 3rd of Feb, then should be AC - IF I pass. So far, very impressed with the TfL communication. All very helpful and much more polite than people in other schemes I’ve spoken to.

Will keep updated I hope!

Trig.

Hi all,

Did anybody else receive back a generic thank you for taking part in the Telephone Interview email on the 4th January. I took my interview on the 7th December and thought that this is quite a long time for a thank you receipt? Also, has anybody else applying for a Civil Engineering position heard anything more than ‘we should know by the end of January’. Thanks for your ongoing help and support everyone.

Phil

Anyone applied to the Customer Service Management Scheme at LU? Have you had the technical telephone interview as of yet?

Hi,

I’ve got an assessment centre on Wednesday 2nd Feb and am also wondering if anyone who has been to a TFL AC before could give me some advice. I have had to prepare a presentation on Corporate Procurement and see that there are a number of activities we have to complete on the day. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks