Transport for London (TfL) Customer Service Assistant (CSA) [2017 Update]

Transport for London

Hi, I got my conditional in September 2017 and will have to go for another medical soon! :frowning: I remember you from months ago, its good that youve finally got a training date. I’ve just filled out the occupational form again.

Big congratulations and well done for getting this far. Be sure to update us, I got my conditional in July so I guess I’ll be waiting until next year.

Sorry to jump in. I currently work part time and have been doing it for 2 years. If you want to put yourself in a good place to get a start date make sure your medical are up to date and the only way to do that is when you are nearing 6 months since your last call recruitment and ask for another one, don’t wait for it to be offered to you. I would also call up once every 2 months or so to show your continued interest in the role.

Hey, thank you for your input it’s honestly appreciated, I really need this job so will be sure to try everything. I will be sure go give this a try! Just one question tho, why didn’t you decide to go full time?

Full time isn’t for everyone. That’s the beauty for working for a company like Tfl. I know people who used to be full time but decided they needed more time for themselves at this stage of their lives so went part time but they have plans to go back to full time at some point.
As for me part time is what I need at the moment. In the future who knows … I would say keep at it. You have gotten this far and it’s a great opportunity you will start soon. The reason it’s taking so long to get you in is because the job is so good nobody wants to leave lol

Hi Everyone!!

Congratulations on all who are getting the roles they want. I too want to become a CSA for London Underground I’ve signed on to TfL Career site where they post jobs, Is this the place were they advertise for the roles of CSA also? Would greatly appreciate any help with this like when they are recruiting and so on.

Thank you for any help with this.

Yep that is the right place. But they post jobs for CSA’s once in a blue moon hahaha but keep checking im sure one will pop up soon

I have my training date the same time as you !! Finally its beeeen AGES

Thanks for replying is there a way on the tfl site to let you know when the role will be available?

are you part time or full time? A

And im not sure why. Is it because I did my medical later than my offer. Right now, theyve only just processed my occupational health again. Going to call Monday I guess.

I’m looking for a full time job.

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t a way to get a notification about it, probably to keep it fair for everyone. I’d suggest just to check back every so often and see if they are recruiting for CSA’s. When I applied, I saw the ad for CSA’s around July in 2017. But you never know when they will recruit again.

Thanks for replying would you mind telling me how the process went for you and all that from applying to getting the offer?

Where did you see the ad if you don’t mind me asking?

Well, you’ve signed into the careers bit right? It’ll appear there with all the other jobs advertised. Just log in and see what’s there.

As for the process of going from applying to getting the job, it’s a long one. First, after applying you get an email to take an online questionnaire regarding customer service. If you have worked in customer service before its easy and even if you haven’t, a bit of common sense should do the trick.
Passing that you move onto an assessment to test your english and maths. Then finally passing that you get a role-play scenario and competency interview.
There are usually a few weeks gap between each thing happening so just be aware. In my case, I applied in July 2017, did all I said, got my conditional offer in Novemeber 2017.

If you pass everything I mentioned, you get an offer and you are then on the waiting list for training. That’s it!

Thanks for replying back, I’ll keep my eyes out for the role. Just wondering do you know when they might recruit next?

Yeah next year March.

Thanks for that Atif are you currently working as a CSA?

Yes I work in HR.
So I roughly know when any jobs might become available