Transport for London (TfL) Customer Service Assistant (CSA) [2017 Update]

Transport for London

No, you can’t do the training part-time. It is full-time for everyone.

Did they say after may?

There are plenty of other related railway jobs out there, where large contractors will use recruiters like Navartis eg https://www.navartis.co.uk/rail

I did the online assessment and got a follow up email stating that this was complete. However if I click on the link to do the assessment, it shows incomplete and allows me to do it again. Should I do it again or leave it as the first time I did it, I received an email saying that it was complete?

The lady said middle to late May

Wonder what the wait for full time is, unless they train full and part timers together

I hope so, surely it cant be much longer! Makes sense why they recruit so many… half the people must have got a new job by now! I havent heard anything since december

I got another job same time as I got csa2 full time here, and luckily I went for the other job and it’s been 6 months since I haven’t heard anything from tfl, and luckily I’ve work to pay my bills otherwise I was screwed

Did you have a medical as well?

Yes,I did

My friend works as a csa1 nighttube. He said it took a whole year before he started. He said he hates it. Some of the managers are really nasty bullies. One of the area manager is nasty and dspite him getting the union involved nothing is done. He is planning on leaving very soon.

Any updates for cas2 pt?

Hi arddy
I wonder if you could help me. I applied for a csa1 night and got emailed today to book for my assessment. Where could i get relevant practice materials from for the assessment online. If you know of any links please kindly let me know

Thanks Abi

When you book your assessment the confirmation email will have the practice material, so double check it. Hope that helps.

Hi Abi,
If you want to send me a private message about the stuff please do. They will send you some bits as a practise for you, socyou know what to expect.

Hi, today I went through Part 1 - written assessment for CSA1 part time. Although I prepeared quite well the nerves got to me! I felt confident with most of my answers, but left out 3 questions and was unable to complete part of the written communication. Really hope I pass, but was wondering if there was any room for error or does anyone have an idea of the passrate?

I emailed but they said that there are currently no training dates available for CSA 2 as they are dedicated to training night tubers up first. May i ask where you got middle to late May from ?

Can anyone help regarding the below -

Hi, today I went through Part 1 - written assessment for CSA1 part time. Although I prepeared quite well the nerves got to me! I felt confident with most of my answers, but left out 3 questions and was unable to complete part of the written communication. Really hope I pass, but was wondering if there was any room for error or does anyone have an idea of the passrate?

Nobody knows the pass mark and they won’t tell you. When I did my assessment three years ago, we did the whole thing in one day so we could see that out of 21 of us only 8 passed the written assessment.

I called them to find out, really confusing wait, she did mention night tube training and opportunities that were there, which didnt interest me. But she said csa 2 training dates should be available from late May (which should be like 5 weeks from today), so I hope her intel was accurate.