Transport for London telephone interview 2012

Transport for London

hi guys, Ive just found out that ive been successful and have reached the first telephone interview stage with TFL. im applying for the surface transport civil engineering scheme. Just wondering if anyone else has had this interview or is going to have it? and if so what questions were you asked?

good luck guys!

hi. I also have an upcoming phone interview for Information Management scheme. Any hints will be really appreciated.
@nufc71: when will be your phone interview? mine is on 1 february 2012

Hello recoba,
my telephone interview is on the 3rd of February.
have you read the other forum? there are some good hints and tips on there…

yes, I’ve read it. but i could not find any hints/tips related to technical questions. I was asked to prepare for technical questions as well, but I have no idea what to prepare, since technical area for Information Management cover many aspects… guess that I have to ‘just do and see’ how will the phone interview be… I’ll post something here once I’ve done it.

yes, I cant find any hints or tips on technical questions for civil engineering surface transport. I guess Ill have to do the same as you!

good luck for your interview

Can some body please tell me what the data interpretation test is about… I’ve already passed my telephone interview they called me back the same day to ask if I would like to book for Monday but can’t because I still haven’t received my “tfl revision attachment” :confused: If anyone has done the data interpretation test can you please let me know what it entails xoxo

hi emmaaaa, may I know what graduate scheme are you applying? I did my phone interview for Graduate Information Management scheme 2 weeks ago but yet to hear back from them until now… so, I’m sorry that I cannot really help you now.

I applied for a Customer Assistant role ( Non graduate) I got through the first stage, now i have a telephone interview. but the phone number given has been constantly busy for the last 3 days,Ive tried calling it about a 1000 times now. Any one else having the same problem?

Yeah me too you have to just continue to ring and ring like to day I only wanted to ask them a question about the location of the assesment centre and i took me 2 hours to get through guessing thats why they gave a free 0800 number to call :confused: And I applied for the same job because I withdrew my graduate app by the time I tried to reapply it was full -________-

Yeah me too you have to just continue to ring and ring like to day I only wanted to ask them a question about the location of the assesment centre and i took me 2 hours to get through guessing thats why they gave a free 0800 number to call :confused: And I applied for the same job because I withdrew my graduate app by the time I tried to reapply it was full -________-

arrrgh I dont know why it posted so many times covers face

Does anyone know how much roughyly TFL pay their full time Customer Service Assistant?

I’ve also received an email confirmation for a telephone interview. I’ve applied for a Customer Service Advisor position on the Underground. I’m a former Tfl employee, but I haven’t sat a competence based interview in 5 years. Yikes!

Looks like I will be spending lots of time trying to get through to their 0800 number tomorrow morning to book the interview. Oh the joys.

UPDATE

Had my telephone interview. If it helps anyone, my questions were:

Customer Focus - Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a Customer

Performance & Delivery - Give me an example of when you had to demonstrate drive and determination to achieve your objective

Communication & Influence - Describe a time when you had to use your communication skills to deal wth an angry passenger or colleague

Dont’ assume that you will be asked these specific questions, because you may not. However, this will give you an idea of the type of question.

My advice is PLAN your examples well in advance and structure your answers.

1. Situation…what happened/give a brief but factual account of the situation

2 Action…what action did you take and why did you choose to take it. Be descriptive and say ‘I did’…not 'we did.

3 Result…what was the outcome. How did the situation make you feel? What did you learn

Make your answers a couple of minutes long if you want to be thorough. The interview should take 15 minutes, but mine ended after 23 minutes.

Your interviewer will be typing notes as you are speaking, so politely ask him/her if they would like you to speak more slowly so they can cram in as much information as possible. I chose to speak clearly and in a measured manner, leaving occasional silences to allow the interviewer to make full notes.

I was told I was through to the 3rd stage immediately by the interviewer. I wasn’t expecting to be told so quickly, but am very happy about it.

Good luck everyone.

In the region of £26,900 approx.

Thanks return_totfl your advice helped me with my telephone interview it went well and I was successful.

I am know tru to stage 3, have you had your assessment yet, if yes can you please tell me what happens and what the expect please.

Thanks

Thanks again return_toTfL that gives me at least an idea what to expect, my assessment is next week so fingers crossed it goes well.

Thanks return_toTfL. for the “4. Spelling and Grammar test. Reading a passage and correcting the errors. Writing a passenger notice to advise of train delays.”. What sort of questions did they ask you ?

Hi has anyone else had any role plays? I’ve got my assessment next week. I hope I get the lost something scenario! Anyone else had any?