Trafigura Graduate Programme

Trafigura

Hi guys!
Has anyone applied for grad programme at Trafigura?
I applied there on the 4th Dec and on the 18th I received an email:

“Thank you for your interest in Trafigura, we are currently in the process of reviewing all applications.
We have identified your application as highly interesting and have therefore shortlisted you to the next round of applicants. We will be reviewing all shortlisted candidates in early January and inviting successful candidates to interview in January.
We wish you a enjoyable festive break any successful new year.”

Since then I haven’t heard from them. There is no email or telephone to contact them directly. Is anyone in similar situation?

Hey, I got the same email around Xmas. Have you heard anything after this?

hi,
my friend received email and told his application was not sucessful around one week ago.

hi,
my friend received email and told his application was not sucessful around one week ago.

hi,

hi,

hi,

Hi guys,

i applied around December time also, but i never received that email. However, i just got a call on wednesday, offering me an interview in a couple of weeks. have you heard anything back from them since? has anybody been for an interview with Trafigura before?

wish everybody the best of luck :slight_smile:

Hi,

Trafigura is one of the very few I applied for my summer intern, I submitted on 13th Jan which is right before the deadline. So far I’ve not heard of anything. Any more updates or anyone who applied as intern too?

Hi,

I’ve also had a call from them last week for a phone interview …
Anyone else??

When are your interviews? I have one scheduled to late February. Do you have any clue on the questions we will be asked about?

Funny guess, but I don’t think they are going to ask for that :stuck_out_tongue:

hi, I’ve been told to go to an interview on this coming tuesday. can anyone who’s had experience with trafigura offer some information? it would be much appreciated.

howdy!
I would very appreciate if anybody could comment on the interview procedure with trafigura and how the preparation for the interview has been. What knowledge about commodity trading should you bring along with you? Are there any recommendable books to read into this topic.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers

Hey guys could anyone share your experience on Trafigura’s phone interview? Many thanks!

Anyone got a copy of a cover letter and CV that I could use as an example ?

thanks

hi kyrok,

went for mine alr, not sure if tis response is too late. it’s for the Sg position btw.

the phone interv took <10mins, was simply asking me about my understanding of trafigura’s business. they asked me about my work experience, kinda focused only on one of my internships which exposed me to commodities, and ignored all the rest of the experiences i’ve had.

i’d say prob read up on their website, have a basic understanding of what trafigura does and how it’s diff from the banks (physical v paper trading).

i heard back about 2 weeks later, and went down to their office for further interviews. currently waiting for their response.

hope this helps.

patrickho, how many people interviewed you in the sg office? I presume you’re applying for the oil and derivatives graduate trainee program?

hey,
when did u make ur application to trafigura?

cause i just applied on 29th october, which is 1 day before the deadline…