TfL CSA Interview

together
Response

Hello,
I was told I had a conditional offer in early November, had my medical in mid December, which I passed. I’ve still ot heard anything. I don’t like keep ringing up as they always say they will call you when the trainig dates come up. Is anyone else in my situation? Does anyone have an approximate date of the next training dates?
thanks

Hello,
I was told I had a conditional offer in early November, had my medical in mid December, which I passed. I’ve still ot heard anything. I don’t like keep ringing up as they always say they will call you when the trainig dates come up. Is anyone else in my situation? Does anyone have an approximate date of the next training dates?
thanks

I am in same situation as well. I finished my medical and CRB check in January. I’m still on hold. I called them up today and I was told to wait as positions aren’t available yet and it can take up to 6 months to be given a place.

Advice to any of you that haven’t yet… call them! There’s a whole centre dedicated to recruitment and although I can’t prove it I’ve told people to call in the past and they’ve been offered dates not long after :slight_smile:

It could have something to do with where you live too - if an area’s a little oversubscribed they’d rather keep you waiting and give you a reasonable journey to work than rush you through and have you working on the other side of London. Either way, keep us updated and good luck!

Hello, has any of you been given a start date yet? RP100 and dooldpj

No nothing, I’m almost giving up hope!

When I called them a couple weeks ago they said…optimistically by the end of summer they would have new starting dates for training. But that is them being optimistic…

And “end of summer” can mean anywhere from late August to early October! From what I can gather last training dates were late February so I would be surprised if we had to wait this long, but hold on maybe I wouldn’t! (-:

Try making a call to recruitment, I understand there are several positions going at the moment.

Yeah they called me about a week ago giving me the end of the month for training start dates :slight_smile:

Anyone know if they will be recruiting again any time soon?

test

I have just scheduled my telephone interview for Friday.

Hi there,

Thanks for your tips, but could be more specific about the questions for the telephone interview? Could be nice if you could help with that.

Thank you very much!

They are competency based, i.e. ‘Describe a time when…’
This thread is not here to spoonfeed people but to assist them. The guidelines you receive in the emails explain in detail what sort of questions you’ll be asked. I’m really sorry but if you can’t pass the interview without being drip fed every single answer then it’s probably not meant to be! Just be confident and use your brain. There’s more than enough information provided here.

Well said, nojitters! The next question would have been, “What are the answers.”

Thanks for your original post. It assisted me greatly whilst waiting for interview. Now I just have to get through the medical and security checks and then I’ll be starting on 1 December.

How quickly do you find out where you will be based?

You find out where you’re going on your last few days at Ashfield House. The first few weeks at Ashfield are a brilliant laugh - make sure you enjoy it! Welcome to LU!

It’s all very well taking this ‘firm’ attitude but the truth is that some of us really, really struggle with these sorts of questions. For instance I have bad anxiety and find myself unable to recall/think up good examples and choose them. I find that very hard.

Yet I believe I would be very good at the job. Of course I’m going to try and find out as much information as I can if it will help me get through this challange, a challenge which seems largely arbrtitrary and doesn’t reflect my actual customer service skills at all.

What it does is measure your ability to answer such a question, rather than demonstrate your suitability for the job, which is a shame.

Hi, iv got an interview in a few days for the CSA night shift as tubes will be going 24hours from September, can people post up the scenarios they got for the role plays please and what they did to pass it, and how hard is the maths and english test? Am i right in assuming if you pass up to the role play and maths and english test the face to face interview isnt something so much to worry about as you have passed already pretty much.
Also, what happens in the medical , i have been reading people post on it, and do they ask for references from previous work places?
And finally, how long and what time to what time is the training, is it with a group of new starters or just you alone with staff, and can you request your break at any time while training with them?
Please help…thanks

The best TFL post I have seen. You are very helpful.
Thank you so much for helping others in that well structured way. You will change their life for the better.
We need more people like you on earth.