tfl - assessment centre

Any1 been to a tfl assessment centre??

What was it like? are they intense/high-pressure??

hey wikieng, i had my t’phone interiew for civ eng yesterday. how long did it take before you heard back?

I had mine in decembr, i heard from thm on monday…

Hi,

I’ve got an assessment centre on Wednesday 2nd Feb and am also wondering if anyone who has been to a TFL AC before could give me some advice. I have had to prepare a presentation on Corporate Procurement and see that there are a number of activities we have to complete on the day. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve got an assessment centre on Wednesday 2nd Feb and am also wondering if anyone who has been to a TFL AC before could give me some advice. I have had to prepare a presentation on Corporate Procurement and see that there are a number of activities we have to complete on the day. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have not been told whether or not i have been selected for the assessment centre yet. but how did yours go. any tips or advice!

cheers.

Just wondering if they give us lunch at the AC or whether they expect you to bring packed lunch… Wouldn’t want my presentation interrupted by a rumbling stomach!

hi, i see that you guys had an assessment centre for tfl last year…i have mine coming up, is there any advice/tips you guys could give me and what to expect?
thankss

Hello guys,

On Tuesday I have my assessment day (Project Management scheme), please give me details about the process and what should know about it. Any tips?

I had very little time to prepare as I work during the weekdays and Saturdays.

Thanks in advance!

Hi jb1111,

can you give me some advice about the AC?

What should I know about it?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Nick1986,
I haven’t hd my AC yet…it is on the 14th Feb…
I’m abit clueless as to what to expect too…the only thing I can think of is looking into all of TFL’s current projects espescially how they are getting ready for the olympics 2012…and relate it all back to your specific scheme…i don’t really know what else…
Of course you’ll need to do your prepp for the interview part…
I’ve also heard they do something called a ‘Fast Track Test’ (which is supposed to be quite tricky) but don’t have a clue what that is! : |

Good Luck!! Hope it goes well for you!

Would you mind sharing your experiences after Tuesday?

Thanks! Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information!

Of course, just remind me to do so!

Good luck to u!

Cheers!

Hi NickF1986,
how was the AC? hope it went ok for you!
Could you please share your exoerience?
Thanks!

experience*

NickF1986?

Any tips on ur experience from Tuesday please?

Hi jb1111,

How is your preparation for Tuesday coming along? I hope that it is all going well. Which scheme have you applied for? I am due to do an AC in the beginning of March for Civil Engineering in Surface transport.

If I may ask, will you be willing to share your experience from Tuesday?

I would very much appreciate any help oyu are willing to give…inbox or on this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you and Good Luck!!

Lombz

How is your preparation for Tuesday coming along? I hope that it is all going well. Which scheme have you applied for? I am due to do an AC in the beginning of March for Civil Engineering in Surface transport.

If I may ask, will you be willing to share your experience from Tuesday?

I would very much appreciate any help oyu are willing to give…inbox or on this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you and Good Luck!!

Lombz

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed answer but after the Assesment Centre I had lots of stuff to do.

The AC was ok.

1st we had the group discussion, 2nd the written exercise, which was to write a report, 3rd the fast track test, for me this was the hardest part as I hadn’t seen anything like that before, 4th the presentation, 5th the interview.

So as you can understand all these you already knew from the instructions that are sent to you.

Even the written exercise will be different for everyone as it is based on the information that individuals are given.

As I said before, I found the fast track the most weird n difficult part.

You have the instructions about that so plz do ask more details cause I need hundred of words to explain in more detail the test. There are some information in previous posts.

Hope I helped you!

Good luck!!!

Hi Nick 1985!
Thanks for getting back to me! I won’t bother you too much, but just one question regarding the presesntation…
After the presentation, did they use the WHOLE 20minutes to question you, and was it all specifically on what had been covered in your presentation, or did they ask other questions too…i/e ‘why your chosen field’…etc as in the technical telephone interview?
Thank you in advance!

Hi Lombz!

I have applied for the Finance Scheme, I shall share details regarding the experience on Wednesday. If I 4get, and don’t post anything by the end of wednesday, send me a message to remind me on thursday!
good luckk!