Tefl in the UK

does anybody know what qualifications you need (if indeed you need any) to teach english to foreigners in the UK? I’ve been wanting to teach abroad for some time, but haven’t got around to it… so I’m considering teaching for a month or three in London.

Has anyone got experience of this?

xx:eek:xx

A TEFL qualification is all you need. You can study for it in the UK, but it costs over a grand. I would recommend doing it abroad if you get the chance, it wil be more fun, and you might even get paid to study.

You don’t need a TEFL qualification!! You don’t NEED a Tefl qualification to teach tefl in ANY country. It just adds some extra weight to your CV, but essentially the TEFL qualifications are expensive month long holidays/wastes of time.

If you are getting your parents to pay for your tefl qualification, do what chris says and do TEFL abroad. If you are thinking of self-funding, then don’t do it. If you have a solid degree from a solid university just apply and call English schools. Most places are absolutely desperate for staff and you should get a job within 3 - 4 weeks.