Can anyone tell me about the TBWA graduate scheme interview - what is it like and do you have any tips?
Welcome to the http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forums/advertising/, I assume it’s the TBWA Account Management graduate scheme you’re talking about?
The process for this firm is a one and a half hour session/assessment. You’ll be interviewed by one interviewer for 30 mins, then by another interviewer for a further 30 mins, and finally by both for 30 minutes.
Expect to be asked industry specific questions such as:
- What is your least favourite advert, and why?
- What is your favourite advert and why?
- Why have you chosen advertising as a career?
- What will you do if you don’t get into advertising?
- Why have you applied to/what do you like about TBWA?
- Where else have you applied?
Other questions will probably be competency based (see, http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/competency-based-questions) or discuss your CV/application, such as:
- Think of a situation when you have had to bring other people around to your view point.
- What experience of teamwork/leadership do you have/give me an example of a time when you have shown leadership?
- Why do you think we should employ you?
There is only one “exercise/presentation”, which requires you to work in collaboration with another (only one other) candidate. As a pair, you will have to pick an advert concept (from a selection of five provided) and with your partner ‘pitch’ this idea to a “client” (played by the interviewer).
If you get an interview, please do let us know how it goes and if you can add anything to this thread, we’d certainly appreciate it!