Hi! I just had my telephone interview on Monday (16/11/15). The woman who phoned was really lovely. She started by just confirming a few details and asking where else I had applied to (and what stage of that application I was at). The interviewer then explained that I would be asked a few questions about career motivation and then some competency based questions. The questions I was asked were
- Why standard life, what do you know about standard life and why standard life over any other company?
- Why the accountancy programme?
- An example of a time you have influenced a team?
- An example of a time you have undertaken a new challenge
- An example of a time you have implemented a new idea/a significant change.
The whole interview lasted just over 20 minutes and I was given the chance to ask any questions at the end. I was also asked to use different examples than I had used in the application. The interviewer also told me no news is good news in regards to waiting to hear how it went and if I’d be invited to an assessment centre xx