Standard Chartered

Good news on the application front; I’ve been contacted by Standard Chartered, and they’re going to confirm a time and date for first round interview. Given that there’s little about the application process, I’ll be using this thread to note down some of the questions I got, hopefully for posterity. Extremely apprehensive about having to speak Arabic in my thick North African accent.

Once again, I’d just like to extend my thanks to redsuperted for clearing up that second question for me! First ever first round interview (other internship was really through networking), so it’s almost certainly not going to be plain sailing.

Watch this space for more info.

Congratulations! Good luck in the interview! Have they said when it will be?

Congrats! HTale. Are you applying for SCB internaitonal graduate program? me too. just submit app couple days ago.
fortunately SCB still doing very well this year. many other banks may freeze graduate programs.
Please update! Thanks!

No update as of yet, probably because of Eid holidays in the UAE. So any SCB applications should be patient because they’ll almost certainly have a backlog!

jkid - yep, I’m applying to the international graduate programme, in the wholesale banking division. Which division and country have you applied to?

Me too, WB, but in Singapore, Asia.
so far havnt heard anything from them. . . probably because of this rolling app, they need time to process
HTale, r u from finance background? I studied information communication in university. There will be A LOT for me to learn

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I don’t need to do this myself, but was interested to find out what you did/how you did this!

Sorry guys for the extremely late reply, but it’s been absolutely hectic! Thank God, I got through, and the next round is an interview with senior management, either at the London office, or another telephone interview with the Dubai office. It’s been quite a while, but here are the ones I remember:

1. Why Standard Chartered and IB?
  2. What makes a good leader?
  3. What’s our global footprint, where do we get most of our revenue, and how would current events affect our performance?
  4. Why Dubai?

The interviewer was amazing! She was extremely friendly, very informative, and very knowledgeable. I think of all the companies in the industry, this is the one to look out for. They’re in all the emerging markets, and they’re big in 3 of the BRIC countries, and they made steady gains despite the current climate

Wish me luck!

sounds pretty nice, good luck man. dubai will be a nice place for u, if u love artificial stuff :slight_smile:

i’m still waiting, since i applied for local office, i think the first round will be face-to-face one (if i get it).
they replied that they will “advice nxt stage in the app process”
what does it mean???
what is “nxt stage”?
‘ok, come around for interview’ or ‘lad, its time for you to go home’?

It means either of those to be honest. Hopefully it’ll be good news!

CAN SOME BODY TELL ME …IS IT NECCESSARY TO HAVE A WORK VISA IF I APPLY TO INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE PROGRAMME FOR THAT PARTICULAR COUNTRY…I M CURRENTLY LIVING IN UK BUT A PAKISTANI NATIONAL…CAN I APPLY TO DUBAI AS WELL AS PAKISTAN/UK

Hopefully . . .
well, who knows?
HTale, how long was ur interview? did they say when will reach u again?

ahmadgla,
yes, u need work permit, scb is not hsbc. u can only make ur trip if u hav work permit to work at dubai.

Well, it was supposed to be 40mins, I think, but it went on for about 70mins. She said she would let me know as soon as possible, because she was still sorting out first round interviews for other people.

hmm it seems their questions are standardized globally. i am actually applying for HK . and i got the same questions. 65 mins.

Can anyone give any more info on the telephone interview questions? I’ve submitted my application so just waiting to see if I get to it. Thanks!

did u do round 2 interview?

did u do round 2 interview?

me? not yet. i applied International Graduate Program in Asia.

Anyone heard back from the initial interview for Int. Grad Wholesale banking for Hong Kong or Singapore?

I have been contacted by Standard Chartered and they told me I was going to have a group discussion. Anyone knows what that is about?

Is this your first round?
I only had a telephone interview :frowning: