Standard Chartered Bank 2016 Graduate Programmes

Standard Chartered Bank

Hey, I have to complete the Video interview in a couple of days time and i would be really grateful if you can throw some light on the kind of questions they ask and how to tackle them… Thank you in advance.

You have about 10 questions to answer. The question shows up on screen first and you have 30 seconds to read and understand/gather your thoughts, and then you’ll have 90 seconds to record your answer.

About how to tackle, I’d say read about the STAR method of answering questions and apply it where you can/where you think it’s relevant.

Some of the questions are stuff like this: What motivates you to work with others?
How will you feel if given a task to do by your boss?
Have you ever recorded a major set back?
How do you achieve customer satisfaction?
How do you feel when others ask you for advice?
When was the last time you adapted your interpersonal style?
What was the last big mistake you made as well as lessons learnt?
How do you build relationships with fellow graduates?
What personal characteristics will you say has contributed to your success today?
biggest mistake and how did you feel about it
describe a time when you had to deal with conflict
how do you feel when friends ask your advice
last time you had to adjust your working style to fit that of your leader/manager
how to build work relationships with colleagues and/or managers
when do you choose to collaborate with others
how would you feel if asked to analyse complex data

Did my video interview two weeks ago, and am waiting for their further notice.
Does anyone know whether we’d get feedback for the video interview or only those who passed the video interview would get the invitation email for the HR interview? thanks!!

Everyone will get feedback, whether or not you make it. So no feedback yet just means a decision hasn’t been made.

Thank you so much !! It will be really helpful in preparing for my interview !

Hi guys,
Does anyone know whether the HR interview is held in the country you have applied to, or by the HR at the headquarters? Also, if anyone could provide any info on the Video interview would be very helpful.
-Thanks

You have about 10 questions to answer. The question shows up on screen first and you have 30 seconds to read and understand/gather your thoughts, and then you’ll have 90 seconds to record your answer. About how to tackle, I’d say read about the STAR method of answering questions and apply it where you can/where you think it’s relevant. Some of the questions are stuff like this: What motivates you to work with others? How will you feel if given a task to do by your boss? Have you ever recorded a major set back? How do you achieve customer satisfaction? How do you feel when others ask you for advice? When was the last time you adapted your interpersonal style? What was the last big mistake you made as well as lessons learnt? How do you build relationships with fellow graduates? What personal characteristics will you say has contributed to your success today? biggest mistake and how did you feel about it describe a time when you had to deal with conflict how do you feel when friends ask your advice last time you had to adjust your working style to fit that of your leader/manager how to build work relationships with colleagues and/or managers when do you choose to collaborate with others how would you feel if asked to analyse complex data

Quick one, did anybody upload their Resumes/Cover letters to their Standard Chartered profile at any point so far?

Thank you so much!

I remember reading on their website, either the FAQ’s or somewhere that they base their selection on strengths and the CV comes into play at the HR interview onwards and we do not have to upload it until asked to do so. However, I did upload my CV and Cover Letter when I submitted the application, as there is an option to do so.

Got an email asking me to send a copy of a document, which I did. I’m supposed to be hearing back from someone soon. Fingers crossed!

Hey Jay,
How long after the video interview do they respond? Thanks.

I did my video interview late september.

What document did they ask you for?

Has anyone heard anything?

For the video interview, are there any questions on why SC? or why the department?

No. Wouldn’t hurt to know that stuff, but it’s mostly questions designed to assess behavioural patterns.

Hello everyone!I have been invited to a video interview for the Transaction Banking division and it could be really helpful if someone could share his/her experience and the questions asked during the interview.Thanks!

No news for anyone?

What division did you apply for?