Standard Bank Interview

Standard Bank

I just got invited for the second stage interview with standard bank,first stage was telephone and it was really tricky,the next stage is a face to face interview as well as psychometric testing.I need advice on what to prepare for.anyone with SB interview experience please share your views.thanx.

I don’t know about [[Standard Bank]] but I bet the [[assessment centre]] will be very similar to all the other banks. In so far as testing goes, having a look at the [[verbal reasoning]] and [[numerical reasoning]] pages. You’ll be very unlikely to get away without sitting at least a [[numerical reasoning]] test.

Hi Mo

I have a phone interview with Standard Bank soon too…please help! How was it? What kind of stuff did they ask? Was there any maths/numerical questions or only core competencies?

Thanks

I also have one soon, Have you got some tips?
Thanks

It’s only competency based. They ask you about things you put on the application form so the questions will be really focused on you. They also ask you to talk about strengths and weaknesses of your skills, qualities and hobbies.

Good luck.

Yeah I just had mine, dunno how I went but they asked me pure competency questions, examples of Teamwork and what I did in my spare time. How I would describe myself and what are my weaknesses. They obviously also ask about Why I applied to Standard Bank and why I applied to that specific division.

Hope that helps

Good luck!

does anybody had interview at sb? i am gonna to have one. some suggestions.
for phone, it is quite as zerko said.

hi everyone! Has anyone had a face-to-face interview and a phsycometric test at Standard Bank already? I know they have already started conducting those. Could you advise what kind of quesions do they ask and what kind of physometric test do you have to do: numerical/verbal/abstract resoning? Thanks

Hi

Has anyone had a face-to-face interview and psychometric test with Standard Bank as yet?

Please help I have mine soon!

ANY ONE HEEELP PLEASEE?!

the test is a card game. Don’t worry about it as there’s nothing you can do to prepare just make sure you’re thinking simple. In terms of the interview I can’t remener which questions I got asked but it was focused on why IB and why I was suited. Also got asked questions about the vat reduction. So make sure you’re on top of and have opinions about what’s going on at the moment. Good luck.

Anyone invited for the assesment day for 1.5 days? How best to prepare for it?

yes i m going to the assesment day, i m waiting for their email abt assesment day itenrary, did u recieve any schedule of the day?

All,

I have a face to face coming up at Standard Bank, anyone with past experience able to share any useful info like format, type of questions, whether there is aptitude tests???

hey megman …how was the telephonic interview like…did they ask u any tricky comptencies

hey megaman…how was the telephonic interview like…any trick comptencies

no trick competencies, just the basic like teamwork, adaptability and etc…

Interview was like 30min, know your stuff about investment banking tho cos they ask that…

thanx mate…could u elaborate on what kind of questions they asked u on investment banking…
what role did u apply fr at standard bank…I have applied fr a role in operations …so im guessing they would probably enquire about operations
what operations is all about?
what kind of role do u see urself doin at operations?

is that rite…

thanx mate…could u elaborate on what kind of questions they asked u on investment banking… what role did u apply fr at standard bank…I have applied fr a role in operations …so im guessing they would probably enquire about operations what operations is all about? what kind of role do u see urself doin at operations?

is that rite…

I applied to operations as well…

they ask things like recent developments in IB, why IB, what steps have you taken…and as you have said about ops.