Spread betting vs penny shares?

Hi everyone

I have been studying for my SII exams where i have passed unit 1 Regulation, unit 2 Securities and soon the unit 8 Investment and risk.

I have 2 job offers, one from City Equities, a company who trades on the AIM (Alternative Investment Market) in the penny share market. They are the most successful organisation within the small cap sector and are offering me a trainee trader position.

The second job offering is at a Pretium Securities, who trade within a wide range of investment vehicles and products including CFDs, FX, Shares, Spread betting, Commodities, and Structured products.

However here’s the deal pretium are not willing to pay me until I successfully pass the probation period of 2 months where even then they are offering a salary of 18k where I would then have to work up to a junior trader role. The alternative AIM trading company are willing to give me a client base a better salary structure and a competitive commission structure.

I have not heard much or known anyone who trades on the AIM within the penny share market, can anyone give some advice about the pros and cons of each job offer, career progression and benefits of employment experience trading on the AIM compared to CFD, FX, Shares etc.

Many Thanks

Interested to know if you took either job and how it is going ? Similary looking at these 2 types of roles…

Champ 1…how are you my friend?

Really need your advice…I am in nearly exactly the same position as you. I have recently completed all my SII Certficates (unit 1, unit 2 and unit 8) and I have been offered a position as a trainee equity dealer for a Company called City Equities…this was via a recruitment agency called resource worldwide… they have offered me the job to start on the 4th May with a 20k basic salary plus commission…hve you accepted any of the jobs and if so wat is like?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks dude