Situational Judgement test - Network Rail

Network Rail

Dear all,

I have an online situational judgement test to do. I have been looking online for sample or pratice tests, but to no avail. Do you know of any, or if you have taken this test, whether with Network Rail or not, do you have any advice?

Thank you for your help.

Respect

I did the situational judgment test a couple of weeks ago and passed. I don’t think there are any practise tests to do because it’'s solely to do with your instinct how you’d behave.

Honestly I reckon you should chill out :slight_smile: the questions aren’t hard and it’s pretty obvious which is the ‘absolutley not’ option :smiley: I reckon most of us know what we should do even if we don’t do it!

Good luck - you’ll be fine!

(maybe someone else knows of practise ones!)

dm_10, thanks, what a relief! I’ve never done one before so didn’t know what to expect :slight_smile:

One question, are the questions’ choose the most effective, least effective’, or is it placing them all into order?

I can’t exactly remember the words used for how they grade the responses but you are given a scenario and three/four possible solutions. For each of the solutions there are six options - three degrees of not really and three degrees of yes. You don’t have to put anything in order… it’s really obvious which ones you should tick definitely not effective or definitely no to :smiley: which I reckon are probably the most important…

I was a bit unsure about how I did because obviously there are no right answers and you don’t know for definite what they want so expect to feel like that lol… most of it is common sense, you’ll be fine! I reckon tips would be, don’t bug management with little problems, don’t offer advice that really isn’t yours to give tell people to ask others more qualified, generally don’t tell senior management what to do, be reasonable - see it’s obvious stuff really! and try not to overreact in places…in places I had to think for a minute is that really so unreasonable? is that not a little over the top? because I don’t think they are looking for robots :smiley:

good luck! just trust your instincts!

D :wink:

Does anyone else agree?

Thanks alot dm_10, you talk lots of common sense :slight_smile:

How long was it after you heard from them after taking the test?

I think I completed mine on a tuesday and they told me I’d passed it on the friday… then I think it took until the following wednesday to give me a A/C date. Hope that helps :smiley:

Thanks dm_10, that sure helps.

Dear all,

I recently applied for the engineering scheme and did a judgemental test… I have been recently put forward for the numeracy and inductive test :S… I thought you would go to the A/C after the judgemental test??? any ideas??

I am the same, Verbal and Numerical before AC. Maybe they changed it

I recently applied for the property scheme and i was put through to situational judgement test.
Is the numerical/verbal test applicable for those applying for property as well?

I recently applied for the property scheme and i was put through to situational judgement test.
Is the numerical/verbal test applicable for those applying for property as well?

There’s a great online practice Situational Judgement test available here - http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/sjt.aspx?affiliateID=10107. It will really help you prepare for the real thing.