Shell Telephone Interview

I’ve just had my interview for Graduate Program at Shell Netherlands.

It was a long one - around 1,5 h.

There were 3 parts:

1. Behavioral interview (give me an example of the time when you …). Be prepared to answer questions about Capacity, Achievement, Relationship.
  2. Why oil company? Why Shell? What would you like to do with us?
  3. My questions.

My interview did NOT include a part where you have to choose a topic to talk about.

To all of those who went through the interview - how long did you have to wait for the results?

Hi

Hi all,
I have a telephone interview with Shell in a couple of days. Any advice or feedback please ? :slight_smile: Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi pb741,
I have a telephone interview with Shell in a couple of days. I applied for a commercial position in the downstream business. And they sent me the scope of work of this position. Any advice or feedback please to prepare for this interview? :slight_smile: Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi pandajump,
I have a telephone interview with Shell in a couple of days. I applied for a commercial position in the downstream business. And they sent me the scope of work of this position. Any advice or feedback please to prepare for this interview? :slight_smile: Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, I trust you have had your interview with Shell - how did it go?
Could you please share your recent experience?
What specific questions were asked and the following probing ones?
What there a topic you have to dicuss this year?
What was the most difficult aspect of the interview?

I have one up and coming - not date set yet but your support would be much appreciated!

Kind Regrds,
Jack

Has anybody had their phone interview with Shell recently?
Do they no longer ask about capacity?
Do they always begin the interview asking about your biggest achievement?

Mine is in a week!

Hi.I applied for trading graduate program in November 2014 and my application is still under review.Is anybody in similar position? Until when they should invite us for interview for September 2015 intake?

I feel obligated to post my experience after learning a lot from this thread, even though I am in the States. Just finished my phone interview for a graduate role. Interviewer said only A and R are evaluated, C is partly based on my online assessment, so no topic discussion.

The questions I got are:
Time when you had to change your approach in achieving a goal
Time when you have to be respectful and listen to others opinion (paraphrased a bit)
Time when you have to make a timely decision
Time when you have to discipline yourself in order to achieve a goal you set
Time when you had to build a relationship with someone you don’t know and achieve a goal
Time when you have to be sensitive about others’ belief, culture / background

There could be one more that I don’t remember , lasted a little over an hour
Yes there are also why energy industry, shell, what is your career plan, why do you think you are right for this role type of questions. Then you get to ask as well .

I feel like the interviewer did not interact too much. Didn’t probe a lot as other people mentioned. Which is a contrast to a previous Shell interviewer I had before, who was so nice to kind of conclude what you said that you feel better about your answers. That was a few yrs ago.
Response expected in 2 weeks.

Hi
I am Mustafa kamil

I have shell telephone interview. No chose a question (testing for critical thinking) Only Situational Judgement Questions
E.g.
Situation Task Actions Results
Give an example of a time when you looked to achieve excellence
Give an example of a time when you dealt with conflict
Give an example of a time when someone challenged your decision.
Name me a time that you had to change your approach in order to reach a goal
Name a time when you had to plan something and see it to the end
Name a time when you had to build a relationship with someone that you did not know in order to achieve a goal
Name a time when you had to be convinced of something that you did not agree with
Tell a time when you had to be sensitive towards someone approach
A time when there were different opinions and how you influenced others to get your point across
Example of a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it
The respective challenges and how I overcame them
About a time where I had a disagreement within a team, how did I resolve it
About a time when I worked in a contrasting group of people

Hi guys
I just finished my online assessments yesterday for the assessed internship program. How long do u have to wait for the outcome… And what can I expect in the telephone interview?

I have mine too in a couple of weeks.I have gone through the thread,but I am not certain whether those applying for internship would be asked similar questions as these posted here…

Has anyone done the Shell phone interview in 2016? If so, what did they ask - any surprises?

Johnny, what position are you planning to interview fhr?

How long does it take to hear back after you take the online assessment?