Schneider Professional Trader Programme

Hi guys,

I can’t seem to find anything on the forums about this programme, and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their experience of the interview process and actual trading programme? It would very much be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, I used to work here…the interview process consists of just one group interview where you have to stand up and talk about yourself for a minute, theres also a maths test (simple mental arithmetic) but I knew people who got through and got 6/50 in the test…They’re mainly looking to make sure you speak english and wont annoy people around you. Once you pass the interview you’ll be invited to start the course. It consists of 4 weeks where they weed out the people who they dont want. You have 2 maths tests every day and sometimes a test on financial trivia such as name the bank of england members, what is a bond etc…my intake started of with about 35 people and after four weeks there were less than 10 left. The 4 weeks consist of learning to use their trading programme, they dont actually teach you any startegy (or even tell you about what you will be trading). If you get past the first 4 weeks you get given a place on the floor and you’ll be trading small amounts, as you hit targets they increase your limits. Theres no salary, you get 70% of your profit but they encourage you not to withdraw from your account for 6 months. 95% of people will never make a liveable salary, the other 5% could become very rich very quick…theres people under 30 there making £100k+ a day. My advice would be apply, give it a go but if you are not doing better than everyone else after a few weeks then you are probably not going to last…Any more questions feel free to ask…

Hi guys,

I am wondering what kind of questions should be expected in the interview at STA. Should I expect questions on financial knowledge and trading strategies?

Do you think there would be any competency related questions?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am wondering what kind of questions should be expected in the interview at STA. Should I expect questions on financial knowledge and trading strategies?

Do you think there would be any competency related questions?

Thanks

basically you do a maths test, and then stand up in front of the class and talk about yourself for a minute.

Hey bol i just wanted to ask why you decided to stop working at shneider group??

Thanks

I wanted to earn some money.

Wow it was that bad!? Can i ask what your working as now?

I got a job trading at a market-maker, so in fairness some of what i learnt at Schneider has been useful. I spoke to some people the other day who started the same time as me and they said the most someone has made is 2 or 3 thousand and its been a year since i started…

hello bol,

thanks for sharing so much.

im a singaporean and i just got shortlisted for the interview. u reckno any chances they will sponser my UK working permit?
will I have to pay a course fee for this programme?
is it even an easy thing to get shortlisted for this interview?

Cheers,
tok

Hey Tok,
how did the visa thing turn out? because I’m kinda in the same boat. did you go for the interview anyway? if yes, how was it?