Sarbanes & Oxenly

Hey,

I am preparing for a presentation and came across a sticking point. I am presenting a retail company and one of the more obvious expansions is international expansion. The company is listed on a EU exchange, but is looking to expand into America. I am aware of SOX, does this affect the branch stores that are located in U.S. That is to say, will the head office need to have the audit report carried out accordingly to SOX or will it be sufficient to carry out the report according to IFRS or even do both? Any ideas or insight on this would be much appreciated…

Cheers.

I am preparing for a presentation and came across a sticking point. I am presenting a retail company and one of the more obvious expansions is international expansion. The company is listed on a EU exchange, but is looking to expand into America. I am aware of SOX, does this affect the branch stores that are located in U.S. That is to say, will the head office need to have the audit report carried out accordingly to SOX or will it be sufficient to carry out the report according to IFRS or even do both? Any ideas or insight on this would be much appreciated…

• sorry for double posting but the first post seems to have gone wrong and I don’t know how to edit it