Hi, Guys i just wanted to thank all of you on here for all your comments, I had my Telephone Interview for a Personal Banking Advisor last Monday which I was overly prepared for, I took ALL your comments about the questions asked and wrote down how my situation joined that as I think it is random with regards to the questions they ask you. I sailed through the interview and was thanked for preparing for it.
I then had a face to face interview on Friday, the interview itself was good, I was very nervous but I think i did very well, BUT then came the ROLE PLAY, I don’t want to scare anybody but I found this the hardest part as I seemed to be tripped up on everything I said. I have thought about this all weekend and thought somebody may benefit from my mistakes.
They will give you a scenario to work through and give you 20 mins to study it. I completely lost my concentration trying to read too much information into it. I would advise you to write on the task sheet they give you a STRUCTURED meeting whatever the scenario is. i.e.
- ASK for ID, (very important this is the first question), then explain you have a few questions for them before you can look at their scenario.
- any questions regarding their account (overdrawn etc),
- who do they hold their mortgage with (you are then collecting information for the mortgage adviser to pass on).
- only then ask them about the scenario as you have covered all the basics. (Mine was for a loan which I did fine it was just the rest of the points I missed).
- COMPLETE THE SALE or BOOK AN APPOINTMENT.
This way you have had all the points you need to at least pass the Role Play if you follow what you have written, even if the actual scenario goes a little wrong.
I hope this helps, I will find out later this week if I have the job, however I am doubtful purely because of the roleplay, I was thanked at the end for being prepared, but i really was rubbish at is, I am so annoyed at myself, but fingers crossed.