Sainsbury's Future Leaders 2013

I have applied and just got passed the telephone interview stage for the Sainsbury’s 2020 future leaders program. Anyone else in the same boat/done this already who can shed some light on the assessment centre? Any help would be very much appreciated!
cheers,
Myles

Hi Myles,

I’ve got my telephone interview coming up soon.

How did you find it? Have you got any advice?

Thanks!

Myles,
Any tips on the Sainsbury’s Telephone interview? What sort of questions? Competencies?

Thanks,
Raj

cas1214,

Have you had your interview yet?

Just hoping for some advice on the questions asked.

Thanks,

Raj

Any information about what the telephone interview was like? Is it very difficult? What kinds of questions do they ask? I am very nervous about mine!

Of course Myles is only interested in getting help and has no intention of helping others. So you guys are not very likely to know about phone interview from him/her lols

Hi,

I recently had my interview for the Sainsbury’s property graduate scheme… so not the 2020 one but guessing they would be roughly the same?

I found the telephone interview fairly hard but then again it was my first one. The interviewer was very nice though when it came to a general chat at the end.

The questions asked were: A first general question about why sainsburys and why your scheme, then three further competency based questions on leadership. the guy probed to find out a bit more about one of my answers afterwards but in a way that sounded like he was genuinely interested sort of thing.

The interview lasted 25 mins but we chatted quite a bit after the formal questions were finished.

Hope that helps!

whats the difference between the graduate scheme and the 2020 leaders program?

I had my interview and passed it like 3 weeks ago.

Any one know the assessment centre dates yet?

Because on the email it said that you need to be selected.

hmmm

raj

HI,

I have an interview next week for the commercial programme! I was wondering if anyone could remember what questions they were asked? I will be happy to post any help on hear once I have had mine! x

woops…here*

Hey Gazybens, I’ve got my interview the day after tomorrow - any chance you could shed some light on the stuff they ask?? Thanks! x

Hey Gazybens, I’ve got my interview the day after tomorrow - any chance you could shed some light on the stuff they ask?? Thanks! x

Anyone get through to the Assessment centre? Mine’s o the 8th

Be really useful if you could post some details of the tasks after you’ve been. Good luck!

I have mine on the 24th and its for Operations Placement 2020 leaders.

Hope they allow more room for error for the placement programmes.

Can anybody tell me about the telephone interview please?! I have it on the 18th…

Hey singhcent! I’ve got an assessment centre for the operations 2020 leaders programme too! Just got the briefings through, not the most obvious which one we are meant to be presenting, and don’t fancy prepping for the wrong one, I assume that all streams have to prepare for the 2020 leaders brief? I was under the impression operations had a different one to say the commercial stream?

Yes its the 2020 leaders one.

Quite a vague question.

I didn’t think it would have been different. There just looking for innovative ideas.