I’ve just been offered a job at RSM Tenon in the Swindon office for Audit & Compliance and thought i’d share with you the application process as I couldn’t find anything relevant on here when looking myself.
After receiving a phone call/informal interview from the HR team I was invited to an assessment centre the following week. At the centre there were 9 of us and 3 managers assessing.
The structure of the day was pretty standard:
- ice breaker: just a simple ‘introduce yourself’ to the rest of the group
- presentation on the company and a chance to ask questions
- we were then split into 2 groups…group 1 went for their interviews which lasted for about 20mins and just covered the basic ‘why tenon?’ ‘why audit?’ and a few competency based questions with a line manager. Whilst we were sat waiting for our interview we had to each pick 2 random topics from a pile of cards and plan a 3-5 minute presentation on one of them. I had binge drinking. Other topics were the role of the monarchy, call centres, smoking ban…pretty broad topics. We were told to focus on the structure of our presentation (i.e. intro, middle, conclusion) rather than the content.
- group 2 meanwhile had to complete a dragons den style group discussion whereby we needed to invent a new product/concept to present to the rest of the candiates and answer questions. We then had to complete a logical test and a grammar test where we had to find spelling mistakes/grammatical errors in a passage of text…pretty straight forward.
- we then swapped over and following this had lunch
- in the afternoon we had to present our individual and group presentations
I recieved the job offer the following day
Hope this is useful!!