Resignation

Any tips for a good resignation letter or where to find templates?

i think your current employer should have a form for resignation. It comes with questions and at the end a section for additional comments. If not then Google it. or www.answers.com

My Recent one :

[Name]
[Role]
[Company]

[Date]

Dear [Manager],

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of [Role] within the [department, with effect from today [date].

I am leaving [Company] to take up [] which will enable me to progress my career and follow a more business orientated route.

In accordance with my contract of employment I am happy to continue to work for [] calendar month but note I have [] days annual leave left to take.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank [company] for my [] years with the company and wish the business well for the future.

Yours sincerely,
[Your Name]

short clear concise.

what if you have already booked your holiday and hand in the notice of leave. Let’s say your holiday leave overlaps with the notice period?

Thanks for that! I wanna be as vague as possible (with regards to the reasons why I am leaving) cos I have this fear of burning bridges…

Londonbloke - not sure if many firms have a form for resignation! This could also be slightly embarrassing!

Regaring holiday, this depends on what is stated in your specific contract. As it happens though I’ve given my notice twice with pre-booked holiday set up and my employers haven’t seemed to mind. In fact, if you want to leave a company quickly giving notice and then taking holiday for your remaining days can be a good way of making a sharp exit… I’ve found!!!

Usually the employer will let you take holiday on your notice period even though the contract states otherwise. You need to check although it might be that they’d be within their rights to enforce you to stay for the length of the notice period. However, in the real world it’s unlikely they would enforce this especially with you probably not having any motivation left.

Thanks for the info. The contract states that holidays should be taken before leaving the company (where possible) otherwise they company will pay for any holidays not taken. There’s also no form for resignation. It has to be a letter from the individual.