RBS vs Ernst and Young - Please help!!!!!!!

Hi all
I have a question, between a summer internship at RBS ( banking and commercial - lombard) and ernst and young (direct tax) which one should i choose? especially, which one has better career prospects…?? any insights…??? please help!!!

I think you need to decide exactly what area of finance you would like to go into.

These seem two very different areas of focus? what sort of areas are you interested in?

Hello!

Indeed, they are very different…
At this point I am really confused…since I’ve applied to both I am interested in both…
I was thinking…which one of the two routes promises better career prospects?
I must say, at EY I would study for the CA…( If I join as a graduate the following year, which usually is the case) ; at RBS I’m not quite sure if/which professional qualification I would do…

Hello!

At this point I am really confused…since I’ve applied to both I am interested in both…
I must say, at EY I would study for the CA…( If I join as a graduate the following year, which usually is the case) ; at RBS I’m not quite sure if/which professional qualification I would do…

Hello!

How long is your summer vacation? Can’t you somehow fit BOTH internships in?

thanks for the replies…:slight_smile:
unfortunately i cannot fit both internships in…the rbs one is 10 weeks long and the ey one is 6 weeks long…so i have to choose
ideed, i know that at ey ( if i were to be join the firm the following year as a graduate, which usually happens) i will study for the CA, which is really good on your CV
i asked the person who interviewd me at rbs if i will be doing any professional qualifications, but she didn’t know …