RBS retail leadership phone interview

RBS

hi,
i have just found out that next week i have a phone interview with RBS, this is for the Retail leadership program. so i am wondering if any one has any advice on how the interview should go, how should i do to be prepaired.

thanks a lot guys

If you haven’t seen them already - read [[competency based interview]] and [[competency based questions]].

Look at the [[Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS)]] pages on WikiJob- there’s a good bit of info there.

hey i was wondering how the retail business leadership interview with rbs went last year … did u get the job ?? can u plz explain …

I have a telephone interview for retail business leadership on 4th march. any suggestions for questions asked last year or this year?

I have a telephone interview for retail business leadership on 4th march. any suggestions for questions asked last year or this year?

Well, i just finished my interview for retail leadership. It was indicated that the first part of the interview would ask about the organisation and your desire to work for it. The second part of the interview would deal with competency based questions and you would be proceeded to it only if you passed the first part of the interview. I was also told to give answers from work experience and refer to university or other sources only if I did not have any answers from work exp.The first part was fairly straightforward and very easy to state. The second part included a lot of prompting and investigation.Here are the questions:

1. what do you know about RBS?
  2. Why do you want to apply for RBS?
  3. What is your understanding of the division you are applying for?

4.Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate with others and work towards a project.( what was your role, how did you get the people together etc, what was the outcome)

1. Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone about your point within a group(how did you convince the other side, how did you deal with the arguments from the other side etc etc, how did you prepare for the argument, what aspects of your nature did you use to be convincing or something like that, what was the end result)

2. Tell me about a time when you had to achieve an excellent piece of work( what problems did you have, in the hindsight what would you have done differently, how did you measure your progress, who had an interest in your work etc etc)

Hope this helps to all those applying for retail leadership. They would be testing for team leadership, excellence, and your influencing skills.:slight_smile:

oh yeah, one more, what sources did you consult to know about RBS? do not mention just the company website, make sure you refer to some news channels and newspapers!

Hi guys I really need some help.

How would you answer this question

Why do you believe it is the Right Time for you to join the Retail Business Leadership Programme?
Please use this section to talk about what you know about the Retail Business Leadership Programme and how this fits with your career aspirations.

any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thank you princetongirl