RBS GBM Telephone Interview

Hi, had anyone done telephone interview with RBS GBM,please? I will have one telephone interview with RBS GBM Back Office and do not know what they will ask in telephone interview? Do you have any ideas about it. Thank you very much.

Good luck to everyone with job hunting!~~~~~~

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I just had my interview for the Marketing and Leadership Innovation Programme and have received the mail that RBS remain interested in me, which means that I might be invited to the assessment centre, hopefully.

Following were the questions asked and the format of the interview:

The first section will involve talking about the programme that you have applied to and how it fits with your own career aspirations and experience. It is important to note that if you do not demonstrate the level of understanding required from a graduate applicant then unfortunately we will not be able to progress your application on this occasion.

The second section will involve two questions designed to give us a better understanding of you as an individual. These questions will relate to:

• A topic that you feel passionate about

• A personal achievement that you feel proud of

You will need to think about these in advance of the telephone interview as you will be expected to talk about them in some detail.

Preparation

Take time to think about your skills and achievements from all aspects of your experience. Examples of areas to consider include previous employment, placements, societies, sports, events and voluntary work.

Conduct

Think of the Three Cs when conducting your interview.

Confident - be positive and engaging.

Considered - listen to the questions and to any follow up. Clarify the question if you are uncertain.

Convincing - Give evidence to your statements. Do not just say, “I work well in a team”. Explain where and how.

• Talk in terms of “I”, not “we”, even in a team-working example

And finally

• Pace your answers
  • Remember to be professional and build rapport
  • Be yourself

And to help ppl,l here is info about RBS, Altough it will change so please do update accordingly…

RBS Group is the largest banking group in Scotland, and at its earlier peak was the second largest in the UK and Europe (fifth in stock market value), and the fifth largest in the world by market capitalisation. According to Forbes Global 2000, it was the tenth largest company in the world.[7] Its shares have a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange. The registered head office of the group and the UK clearing bank are located at St Andrew Square, Edinburgh. In 2005, Queen Elizabeth II opened the bank’s new head office building in Gogarburn, Edinburgh.
The RBS Group operates a wide variety of banking brands offering personal and business banking, private banking, insurance and corporate finance throughout its operations located in Europe, North America and Asia. In the UK and Republic of Ireland, the main subsidiary companies are: The Royal Bank of Scotland; National Westminster Bank; Ulster Bank; Drummonds; and Coutts & Co. In the United States, it owns Citizens Financial Group, the 8th largest bank in the country. From 2004 to 2009 it was the second largest shareholder in the Bank of China, itself the world’s fifth largest bank by market capitalisation in February 2008.[8] Insurance companies include Churchill Insurance, Direct Line, Privilege, and NIG.