RBS GBM Assessment Centre

RBS

Hey guys,
I got an AC invite with RBS next week for GBM Sales position. They say the exercises will be the following:

• Group Meeting & Activity
• Individual Meeting
• Written Exercise
• The Trading Game

I heard that they had held the same assessment centre on 5th Nov. I wonder if anyone has attended that one? Can anyone share me some insights on the individual meeting and the trading game? Thank you very much!
If no one is able to give any suggestions at this stage, it would nice at least to get to know some of you who is going to the same AC as me.

Hi OOO :stuck_out_tongue:

I have also been invited to the AC on 3rd of Dec for Trading (London).
I also wondered what it is gonna be like but apart from the RBS document couldn’t find anything useful.
What is your name ? what is your background? would be good to know someone on the day… !
Please let me know as well if you get to know any information about the day :slight_smile:

Leyla

Does anyone know how long it will last ?
It starts at 8am and it’s a full day assessment centre so just wondered approximate at what time it will end ?

:slight_smile:

Just got a phonecall today that cos of the weather disruptions my AC which was meant to be held tmr has been postponed, as the assessors will be unable to make it in. They did confirm that it will still happen in Dec but havent decided a date yet.

Is anyone in the same situation?

pp

I received a call yesterday asking whether the weather condition would affect my attendance because if not, the assessment will be held as scheduled ! LoooL
Totally opposite !
Please let me know if anyone else has any news !

s

@ Idrotath lucky you…im jealous…after all my preparation i have to wait. Have other important stuff coming up soon so just need to hope the new date wont clash with them.

Anyway gdluck with tmr…from the PDF document looks like you have a really looong day…

Anyone with a trading A/C for RBS GBM in Singapore?

PM me

I’ve passed the online logical reasoning test… taking the numerical one tonite. But I’ve already been invited to an interview at the assessment centre… Was wondering if anyone knew whether thr would be a mathematical paper we have to complete on the spot? Any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

anyone else scheduled for AC on tuesday 14 dec?

Hi All,

Sorry for my late response.
To update you: First of all I should say that I got rejected and that’s mainly bc I didn’t do well on the assessment day :stuck_out_tongue: but no worries… I knew I didn’t do well…

To do my part in response to all the people who have posted useful threads I am going to tell you a bit about my experience with the RBS assessment day.

The assessment for all the roles in GBM markets are the same.

It’s a full day from 8 to about 3 pm. we were about 26 or 28 students and they divided us into groups of 5 to 6 people.

There will be four exercises to do: ( The order is different for each group)

1. Group discussion

2. Trading Game

3. Role play (Sales)

4. Research

5. As for the group discussion we were given the details of a company which sells it’s products in different countries and bc of the changes in exchange rates they have problems locking in/forecasting their future profit.

Each person within the group is provided with a different solution whiand you have to discuss that with the rest of the group and decide which solutions to adopt.

1. The trading game is the common dice game. There will be three groups present for the game. The dice will be rolled 6 rounds + 3 x ( dice rolled for each group induvidually) = 9 rolls of the dice
    The dice has numbers of 0,2,3,4,5 and 7

After each roll all the groups will be given the opportunity to quote a bid/offer and the two other groups to buy/sell or not to trade.

The end result --> Selling-buying+ posessions

My advice: Doesn’t matter which group to win… It is importnat to show u r not stressed, u r organised and do a good book keeping. Make sure u keep record of all your buys and sells and the number of lots for each round so that at the end you can calculate your total.

After the game you have to answer a few questions about your performance. Questiuons like : Did you do well? what would you do differently, your strengths and weaknesses, etc

Next is a 10 min interview with one of the assessors watching your team during the game. ( Friendly discussion)

3)Role play : It is individual. You are given 4 5 pages to read ( about RBS sales team and current world economy). You should try to convince an asset management company to go into a contract with RBS for trading government bonds.
(Role play in front of someone from RBS sales)

1. Research: you are given a brief description of three companies and you have to write a page or two on which is the best option to buy the shares in it. You should pay attention to the company’s past performance and its future potential of growth :slight_smile:
    Afer that you will be given 10 min ( if I remember correctly) to defend you chioce.

This is all I could remember.
I am in a hurry now.

Please ask if you want to know anything in more detail or if there is something not clear. :slight_smile:

Good luck all :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Sorry for my late response.
To update you: First of all I should say that I got rejected and that’s mainly bc I didn’t do well on the assessment day :stuck_out_tongue: but no worries… I knew I didn’t do well…

To do my part in response to all the people who have posted useful threads I am going to tell you a bit about my experience with the RBS assessment day.

The assessment for all the roles in GBM markets are the same.

It’s a full day from 8 to about 3 pm. we were about 26 or 28 students and they divided us into groups of 5 to 6 people.

There will be four exercises to do: ( The order is different for each group)

1. Group discussion

2. Trading Game

3. Role play (Sales)

4. Research

5. As for the group discussion we were given the details of a company which sells it’s products in different countries and bc of the changes in exchange rates they have problems locking in/forecasting their future profit.

Each person within the group is provided with a different solution whiand you have to discuss that with the rest of the group and decide which solutions to adopt.

1. The trading game is the common dice game. There will be three groups present for the game. The dice will be rolled 6 rounds + 3 x ( dice rolled for each group induvidually) = 9 rolls of the dice
    The dice has numbers of 0,2,3,4,5 and 7

After each roll all the groups will be given the opportunity to quote a bid/offer and the two other groups to buy/sell or not to trade.

The end result --> Selling-buying+ posessions

My advice: Doesn’t matter which group to win… It is importnat to show u r not stressed, u r organised and do a good book keeping. Make sure u keep record of all your buys and sells and the number of lots for each round so that at the end you can calculate your total.

After the game you have to answer a few questions about your performance. Questiuons like : Did you do well? what would you do differently, your strengths and weaknesses, etc

Next is a 10 min interview with one of the assessors watching your team during the game. ( Friendly discussion)

3)Role play : It is individual. You are given 4 5 pages to read ( about RBS sales team and current world economy). You should try to convince an asset management company to go into a contract with RBS for trading government bonds.
(Role play in front of someone from RBS sales)

1. Research: you are given a brief description of three companies and you have to write a page or two on which is the best option to buy the shares in it. You should pay attention to the company’s past performance and its future potential of growth :slight_smile:
    Afer that you will be given 10 min ( if I remember correctly) to defend you chioce.

This is all I could remember.
I am in a hurry now.

Please ask if you want to know anything in more detail or if there is something not clear. :slight_smile:

Good luck all :slight_smile:

Thanks!

any feedback from AC of technology division?

Hello,

Does anyone attended the RBS AC for PWM and can share some experience? Many thanks :slight_smile:

does anyone have ac for tech division on the 24th jan?

I do, for London GBM tech right?
Any idea what we have to do for the individual meeting?

Hi

I also have an AC on 24th but mines for Business and Commercial Banking, is ours at Aldgate Union office?

DId RBS asked you to confirm your current location after the interview?

I got an email asking me this.

Does this mean that I have passed the phone interview?