RBS Finance AC

RBS

Hey guys I will attend an AC for RBS Group Finance Graduate Programme in Edinburgh next week. Does anyone have any experience recently(I mean, this round of recruiting)?
By the way I’ve read these, and they are very useful I think.
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/investment-banking-financial-services/ac-rbs#comment-6383
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/investment-banking-financial-services/rbs-telephone-interview?page=6

I am going to the AC in London next week.
Strangely, I submitted my application form, then followed by the test and they rang me today and told me that they would like to invite me for AC. I mean, I didn’t have any interview before being invited for AC… Strange…

I am going to the AC in London next week.
Strangely, I submitted my application form, then followed by the test and they rang me today and told me that they would like to invite me for AC. I mean, I didn’t have any interview before being invited for AC… Strange…

Well they use the word “ac” too much.
Actually when I was invited to the “super centre”, the guy who called me said “Assessment Centre”. I then asked"but AC is the final stage." He said"Well if you get through this there will be a final assessment"…
Anyway, good luck zach.

Hiya,

So are you headed to a Super Centre or an Assessment centre Fishwry? The process is kinda odd, I thought they would be doing telephone interviews as everyone else seems to. :frowning: I’m hoping to hear soon about whether I get to go to this Super Centre thing.

Good Luck,

Lil. x

I attended my Super Centre last week. This Monday they invited me to the final AC.
Does anyone know how long will it last? I need to book my ticket back~

Hi fishwry, I am having my Super day tmr. Can you tell sth about it? what kind of tests is it? and is there a competency interview after the tests?
Thank you very much!

There are 2 tests.
Fast track and ABLE

Fast track: For each question you will have some cards, one the last three cards some informations are missed. You will need to figure them out by using the informations given on the complete cards.

ABLE: You will need to calculate some financial ratios and make an investment decision. Accept, review, reject. And some other options based on more specific conditions.

For both tests you are not required to have financial background and you will be given some examples before the real tests.

If you are successful in these two tests, you will be invited to the interview. The interview is quite straight forward. What do you know about RBS. Why RBS. Please give me an example… etc.

Good luck.

Thank you very much fishwry! I hope I can survive.

Anyone has finance ac?

hey attending Super Centre on the 3rd. hows the ABLE test like, is it hard?? is there anywhere i can practice?

Had my Super Centre last Thursday. The tests are not difficult but lots of time pressure. You have to be quick. There is nothing you need to prepare. Just follow the instructions. It’s exactly like “Fishwry” said above, no financial knowledge required.
Has anyone heard anything back from them yet? How long is the wait for the result after the Super day?

I had my ss on wednesday and they called me on the following monday

@ luluviva
even i had my super centre last thursday and havent heard back yet… were you in the morning batch or afternoon? donot know what to expect!

@fishwry
how was your final ac?

It will be on Thursday~Nervous now.

Vaibhav: I had mine thursday morning. You?
Fishwry: Best of luck!!

I had mine in the afternoon.
All the Best Fishwry.

Thanks everyone. On the train to Edinburgh now.

All the best to Fishwry!

Anyone knows how to claim the reimbursement for travel expenses? They did not give me any addresses and I don’t know where should I post my receipts to…