I started with PwC in September 2012 in London. I did the Assurance/TS split scheme so it was a mixture of auditing and due-diligence work. Overall a great experience despite the difficult moments, as you get with every job. Happy to answer any questions you may have.
A few points:
- The people were great. Lots of banter especially in the first year.
- It’s hard work. Busy season is Jan - Dec.
- The better you are, the more opportunities you’ll have.
- You’re thrown in to the deep end pretty quickly.
- Exams are tough but manageable. Surprisingly the people who failed were often Oxbridge students.
- People skills are very important to progress.