Pwc telephone interview

HI
My first interview is coming soon!!
Can any one give me some hints/tips?
I just prepared some questions but I found it hard, can anyone give me some advices?

1.If you are the CEO of pwc, what are you five priorities at the moment ?
2, a time you were delegated a task which against your principle?
3. a time when you raised a concern ?

Many Thanks!!

Hey:-)
I just had one today.

She started by asking about qualification i am going to do. Then asked about the modules.

How i keep up to date with current affairs and discuss a business news that interests me. Then she asked about implications on the industry. She didn’t probe much here.

It was more around team work: When you worked in team for common goal? What did you learn from that? When you worked with little guidance, information? When you raised an issue at work? When you encountered difficulty at work? When you were responsible for a project? When you worked individually? When you were asked to do something which was unethical? She was probing a lot on these ones, asking: what you learned from that? how did it affect relationship with peers? And that’s i think where i failed:-D it felt i talked some nonsense:-)

Another question where i stumbled was if i want to add something and i started rambling. Argh

Not sure about the 1st one but for 2d you can talk about something unethical you were asked to do and how you dealt with it (e.g. breaking rules at work or policy by your colleagues). For the 3d i answered, reporting plagiarism at Uni.

Best of luck and prepare the teamwork/integrity well. The commercial awareness is very easy and brief. It was the easiest part of the interview.

Hi MK0208,
thanks for your advice, can I ask you that give some clue about commercial awareness, actually I want to discuss the "UK heads for EU budget showdown " or "UK borrowing rises sharply in October " or "overwhelming the revenue by tax avoidance"which one u think is better to discuss and for the part of the question that ask : how it will affects to PwC I don’t know how I can answer it?! could you please give some advice on that?

thanks for your advice, can I ask you that give some clue about commercial awareness, actually I want to discuss the "UK heads for EU budget showdown " or "UK borrowing rises sharply in October " or "overwhelming the revenue by tax avoidance"which one u think is better to discuss and for the part of the question that ask : how it will affects to PwC I don’t know how I can answer it?! could you please give some advice on that?

To be honest i picked completely different examples. I did Rosneft buyout of TNK-BP. And when she asked how will it affect the industry i talked about oil and gas one. Mybe she meant professional services one. In this case; oooops, i failed:-D

In case of tax avoidance, you can mention that actually amount of lawsuits can drive clients to seek assistance of pwc expertice as they want to minimise the incurred costs.Hope it helps:-)

just get rejected and have no idea what PwC is looking for candidates…

good luck anyway…

Many thanks for your sharing :slight_smile: How long did it last?

Welcome:-) It was around 30 minutes really short!

And by the way i passed so i must have gotten the industry question right:-)

Anyone looking for example questions and answers for the competency interview then search ‘The Competency Interview Explained’ on E-bay. It has loads of questions and answers for each competency.