PwC Telephone interview- Curious MUCH-Any advice for the April 2011 Audit intake?

WikiJob

Hello everyone,

I have had some amazing help from wikijob forums for my PwC application.
I am somehow in a bit of a pickle regarding the telephone interview which is due in a few days.
Is there anyone who had PwC telephone interview lately? I am curious to know about what kinds of questions to prepare for!!
Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Hi Vinny,

I had the PwC telephone interview last week and it was fairly similar to previous posts across wikijob. The questions that were asked are set out quite strictly in line with the core competencies mentioned on the grad website.

1. Why do you want to work in Audit?
  2. What do you now about your selected qualification?
  3. What will you be doing day to day and how will you combine this with your study?
    4.Can you tell me about PwC and its services?
  4. How does PwC add value?
  5. Can you tell me about a recent event in the business world and the services PwC could offer to help the situation?
    7.Can you tell me abou a time wjhen you worked alongside someone with a different working style to yourself? How did you cope?
  6. Tell me about a time when you had to achieve excellence?
    9.Tell me about a time you havent achieved a goal and why not?
  7. Tell me about a time when you have received positive and negative feedback and how did you react?
  8. Can you tell me a time when you have provided exceptional client service?

These were all of the questions I was asked, yet when answering the interviewer often threw in questions about how i reacted to the situation and what I learnt. My advice would be to look at the core competencies and work around these when thinking of examples. One strange element was that I was never asked why I wanted to work for PwC.

Given that the PwC interview is probably the most rigorous of all the big 4 it is possible to feel that your interview doesn’t go as well as you hope. Following my interview I felt that I had done terrible yet I was invited to an assessment centre the following day. The best bit of advice I can give is be enthusiastic about everything. This seems pretty obvious but its good to keep n mind

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it’s normal to have a first telephone interview instead of face-to-face?
I would’ve very much liked to have a face-to-face since I’m not a native speaker…but it seems that the only option available for me is phone interview…oh well, it could be blessing in disguise coz they won’t be able to tell how my nerves get the better of me lol.

btw, thanks very much for your post mdbmt!! And all the best with the assessment centre!!

@mdbmt - Thanks so much mate. You are a legend. I was quite baffled prior to your reply about the set of questions that I would be asked. Thanks so so much for taking the time to reply and providing the insight. I am really very nervous as this is my first ever interview and following my recent rejections from a lot of big firms makes it a bit tougher.
Thanks again mate. Much appreciated.

@betelgeuse88- I know! I would have preferred to have a face to face too. Anyways wish you all the luck mate. When is yours due? I have got mine in 3 days.

hey vinny! THanks! All the best with yours too. Mine will be this Friday…