PWC School leaver Tax

I’ve got a telephone interview soon, any tips on what they could ask?

Hi United1993,

At this stage, the majority of the questions will be based on the competencies so I suggest memorising those and coming up with maybe five or six examples which can be stretched to cover two competencies each. That way, you’ll be able to chose between the ones you think will be the strongest in putting across how you demonstrate the competency.

You will also be asked about your commercial awareness. Look for something current which you’re interested in. I suggest doing a bit of research and have some useful background info relevant to the article in question. Useful websites include the BBC, Accountancy Age, The Guardian, The Times and The Independent. You can also read free newspapers such as The Metro or The Evening Standard for interesting tidbits.

I also suggest you read up on the ATT course, maybe go to the website and take a look at the syllabus. You’re likely to be asked about the course itself and what interests you about the course.

All in all, the telephone interview should last no longer than 45-60 minutes.

Thanks for the tips, it really helped. I had my interview and got through to the assessment day.