PWC Post offer

Can someone (either who knows something working at PwC or who has been employed by PwC last year) tell me what happens after someone has accepted the offer? Obviously the background checks take place. When they get in touch next, what will it be for?

My concern is that I have not heard anything since I accepted my offer in December!!

I greatly appreciate any input!

I’m sure I’ve written this somewhere before so sorry if I’m boring some of you.
PwC send out a heap (smallish heap) of paperwork that you have to plough through ticking boxes etc. One is Professional Independence where you have to tell them if you have shares in clients or if family work for clients etc etc,
Another is for you to declare that you’ve never been bakKrupt, had a conviction etc etc, another is a form you sign to authorise PwC to carry out background checks.
This is all dealt with by HR in Birmingham, I think.
There are still 4 months plus, until September so plenty of time. But why not ring them and ask when all this is being sent out?

Hi Tutor,

Thanks for your input. I have had all this and returned them to HR in Birmingham. What happens next?

When they get in touch next it’ll be for stuff like “meet the other grads” or a pre-induction event…etc Then you’ll probably get sent random newsletters and details about professional qualification, registering for exemptions (if you qualify) and regular house-keeping stuff, corporate amex…etc

When they get in touch next it’ll be for stuff like “meet the other grads” or a pre-induction event…etc Then you’ll probably get sent random newsletters and details about professional qualification, registering for exemptions (if you qualify) and regular house-keeping stuff, corporate amex…etc

Ank, have you already got your 2.1 (or first?). If you haven’t then I guess receipt of your degree will be the next trigger point to send you more info about joining dates?
When you returned all the forms to HR B’ham did they send a standard “I am delighted that you have decided to accept our offer” letter?
In that they tell you to visit PwCEmbark to welcome you and deal with questions you may have.

Hi Tutor, yes I have a 2:1. I already had that before I applied. Yes, they have sent me “I am delighted…” and I already have access to PwC Embark.

My concern is I have to give 4 months’ notice to my current employer…obviously I need to do that in the near future.

When does one know that their place to start in September has been reserved? And how I know that?

Thanks once again.

give HR a call and see what they can do

Well, give your notice now to leave at the end of August then you’ll prob get a few days holiday before you start PwC…
Usually Sept intakes start in the first week of Sept.
Anyways you need to give your notice in asap. It’s nearly May!

@ank, you never really know. You just need to call up HR and (tactfully) express your concerns to them and ask if your background clearance is all completed. That’s pretty much the only thing that would affect your being guaranteed a place in September. If it has been completed with no exceptions then hand in your notice and have fun with some free time before you start work.

FWIW, I will be starting in Sept but haven’t been informed of any pre-induction event!

Thanks a lot for your input. Much appreciated!

I will contact HR or my student hire offier to try and find out if my background checks have been completed or not.

I will update this post as and when I get more info.

@bingkk32, that’s because most people that will be starting in September are probably in their final year now and writing dissertations or completing final exams. Those kinda events don’t happen a few weeks after term time’s over.

@ank, good luck. (Not that you’ll need it). You’ll be so relieved once you know it’s all been sorted out.

Could you tell me how do they give me the offer pack? By email or post? Cuz I have received the offer this Monday and not recieved the pack till now…THX!!!