PwC partner interview 2009

PwC

I’ve got my PwC partner interview on Monday and have a question relating to my ideal client (a supermarket). I understand quite a bit about audit and can happily talk about SARBOX (yawn!) etc. However, I am unsure of the audit process when applied to my ideal client :stuck_out_tongue:

• What would a firm such as PwC be looking for/testing/checking when auditing a supermarket?
  • What issues would be particularly relevant at the moment when considering the audit of a supermarket (e.g risks related to the recession)?

In return I am happy to answer questions on the 2009 application process!

Hi! Congratulations on reaching the final stage! I cannot help you with your question because I am at an earlier stage…I got an invitation for the online tests. How did you find the tests? Are they difficult? I’ve been practising a lot but I’m still stressed about it…How many questions are there for each test? Do you remember?
Good luck with preparing for your final interview!

It’s 20 in 20 minutes - they are not too hard but more difficult than the practise ones. Make sure you can do ratios, percentages, currency conversion, etc and you should be fine. Also, it’s worth buying the tests from Assessment Day (£4.99) - they are easier than the real thing but good practise. You can also practise for the diagrammatic reasoning test on Assessment Day - again, the real one is harder than the SHL sample questions!

Thanks a lot! Now I’m even more nervous…I already bought the packs from assessment day…I went through all of them already. I’m also worried about the verbal one since English is not my native language…so how many are there in the verbal one? Also, do you have any idea how many questions do you have to answer correctly in order to pass?
I haven’t done any diagrammatic tests so far…when I got my invitation they only said about verbal and numerical…I think the diagrammatic test will be at the Assessment Centre, isn’t it?

Hmm… I’m not sure. For me it was numerical and diagrammatic both online and at the AC - I didn’t have to do a verbal test for PwC but seeing as you mentioned English is not your native language maybe that is why. The PwC number test is fine if you can manage the kind of questions in the Assessment Centre tests (ratios, percentages, etc) it’s just that the tables/diagrams are a tad more complex! As for the amount of answers you need to get correct I am unsure!!

Once again, if anyone can help me with my question please do!!

• What would a firm such as PwC be looking for/testing/checking when auditing a supermarket?
  • What issues would be particularly relevant at the moment when considering the audit of a supermarket (e.g risks related to the recession)?

I’m applying for an Actuarial graduate role at PwC…and maybe that’s why it’s different. In the e-mail I received it clearly says that I have to complete a numerical test first and then a verbal one. I’ll see tomorrow how it goes.

Hi Irina, Congrats! I have sent you a private message.