PwC online reasoning tests - free information

Google

Hi everyone,

I just had a test with PwC and I thought it could be useful to know the structure on the online reasoning tests.

PwC uses SHL (the biggest online test provider). They require you to take 3 (SHL) online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Logical (Abstract) Reasoning tests.

The Numerical Test consists of 12 questions with 17 minute time limit. Fewer questions means less room for error! The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a specific SHL type tutorial they have. I used their tutorial myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 90th percentile on my num!

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 30 questions to be answered in 19 minutes only. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. JobTestPrep and assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

The Logical Reasoning Test has 18 questions with 18 minute time limit. In my experience, it is the most challenging NOT least because of the time limit but also the increasingly difficult series of patterns being thrown at you as your progress through the test. Again assessmentday could be a good source.

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to PwC !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Hey guys…I have been invited for an online assessment for the position of Advisory consulting-Graduate consultant at PWC…Any ideas or advice on what i should expect in the assessment i would gladly appreciate the advice.