PwC Graduate Scheme 2011: From Application to Offer

Morrisons
Samsung
KPMG
ACADEMICS
together
Response

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone could help me. I’m almost finished with my telephone interview prep but the “How does PwC add value?” question is really bugging me. Did anyone get this question and if so how did u approach it. I’m not sure i’ve said enough or if the stuff i’ve said differentiates the company enough. Any ideas on how they add value? Any thing would be more than appreciated. Thanx

Hello everyone.

I am desperate to get advice on application form - education section. I am international student, achieved my undergraduate degree outside UK and postgraduate at very very good uni here in the UK with distinction…ect.

I have issue to fill the Subjects and Grade for my undergraduate studies - they were not much good - however, in my country it did not matter - because overall I finished with Distinction too… since grades at the end of the year do not count to overall final degree, but the final examinations which I passed with excellent results!!!

What shall I do? Shall I input the list of my all grades for each year or just final results?

Anybody knows how PwC checks degree results outside the UK???

Extreme thank you in advance!!!

@bewali: Just apply with the exact and accurate information. Later they will ask you to provide information based on qualification gained in your country.

I am due to complete an Assessment centre in the Glasgow office for the 2011 assurance intake but there was no mention of a partner interview included in my invitiation to AC email. Has the recruitment process changed? Any help is greatly appreciated,

cheers

i have an AC in about 2 weeks, was wondering as this is my first AC, will i be asked commercial awareness qs in the partner interview? also with the group discussion, is every1 given a different piece of information and has to discuss this with the group to reach a final verdict?

@fdk786: On the partner interview I was asked mainly about the chosen service line, the qualification and how I imagine the day to day tasks. But he also asked some commercial awarness questiones.
On the grp discussion everyone was given a different piece of information and it had to be discussed with the group.

hey wlb
My AC is coming next week and I was told that i will be invited the partner interview only if I do well in AC, and will be on another day.
How did your AC go? Any advice will be extremely appreciated!

Hi ,

Is there anyone who applying Valuation & Assurance in London for Sept 2011 graduate scheme had taken phone interview or face-face interview?

I have phone interview next week. I need to prepare the competency questions but not really sure which will be asked. Please help, Cheers!

I got through to an assessment centre for a position but have been told that the vacancies are nearly full. They’re offering me a 6-month Graduate Placement position which could convert into a permanent position this Autumn. I’m confused as to why I can’t just interview like everyone else but was wondering if anyone had any opinions about this? My main hesitancy is that I have a job (which I want to leave) so am not sure if I should give it up for something uncertain. Cheers.

I’m in the same predicament as well. I also want to get peoples views on this and 1) if the assessment is the same (or is it easier or harder to get accepted) and 2) if the conversion rate to the full time job is high. Any help would be great…thanks!

From what I have heard, if you perform well in 6 month graduate placement position, it is easy to convert it into a full time permanent role.
I would say its a good opportunity, if you are determined to join PWC and am sure you won’t like to go through the whole application process and Assessment day again after 6 months if you plan to join.

Is the permanenr position similar to the graduate scheme? Would you still be taking the ACA qualification?
If it is, I would give a try and accept the offer. It depends obviously who is your job at the moment.
I think to work for PWC is a great opportunity.

From what I understand from the PwC website and from someone who’s worked at another Big Four firm, the graduate placement is just like a trainee role. You’re doing the exact same thing as a trainee, thoughI don’t think you do ACA exams. The placements are meant for people still in uni. I’ve graduated, but as I’m trying to leave my current job I’ve decided to pursue the placement. Now if only PwC recruitment would come off radio silence.

Assurance Graduate Scheme:

I have phone interview next week. I need to prepare the competency questions but not sure what will be asked. Please help, Cheers!

@ c.lor7
In this blog you can find loads of questions.

Could someone please clarify whether you study the ACA or ICAS at PwC (Assurance) - I’ve always thought it was the ACA but the website says ICAS. If someone could confirm which it is, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

@xssb: I think it is ACA…

Thanks flow

Hi guys, I’m applying for public service auditing (London) and currently researching for the client question (which is exactly as described by kdids89). I would very much appreciate if anyone could give me some advice regarding whether I should write about a public sector or private sector client?

Hi guys, I’m applying for public service auditing (London) and currently researching for the client question (which is exactly as described by kdids89). I would very much appreciate if anyone could give me some advice regarding whether I should write about a public sector or private sector client?