PwC Diagrammatic Reasoning

PwC

So unusual situation, I aced my A.C for PwC on everything but the SHL Diagrammatic Reasoning test, and they are letting me take it again. (pm me please if you want to chat about this instead of going off-topic).

So I really need to practice practice practice, and I’m not sure where to look.
Does anyone have links to practice tests?

I know of the SHL website example one, what else?

Mate thats great you got another chance at them, they must really want you! I just did mine at AC yesterday… got good marks on the Diagramatic so can defo help you if you want more advice…PM me if you do! its just certain technique tips that can really help you, once you get the idea for one you will get all the rest too. Here is what I used to prepare:

SHL Website Inductive Reasoning Test
Assessment Day Inductive Reasoning Tests (there are 2 diagrammatic tests…VERY USEFUL!) - assessmentday.co.uk
Book - How to Pass Professional Level Psychometric Tests - Sam Al-Jajjoka pages 81-84
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/aptitude-tests/diagrammatic-logical-reasoning-questions-please-discuss

The last link from wikijob has some identical questions to the ones that come up, discussions on answers below the questions were helpful too.

The book isn’t essential but a decent extra, I just bought it from waterstones and am gonna return it tomorrow lol. But yeah, the SHL and Assessment Day tests are the best for preparing. Let me know how you get on with them and if require specific help on seeing the patterns. Best of luck!

Why don’t you go to the library and get some books on graduate assessment tests? Or just go into a good book shop. I only did the pwc online tests but I practised using books. There is quite a big selection you can choose from.

So it turns out my retake is on a different type of test. The kind where its a word going through some functions, and you have to infer the meaning of the functions, and apply these to some other words.

e.g. like
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~cp06/pwceg.pdf

I’ve created a new topic on this…

I had this test 2 years ago for PwC assessment day… it was done instead of the 5 shape sequences back then. There are a few pages in the Sam Al-Jajjoka book I mentioned in earlier post - pages 7-31 which are the same kind as you mention.

Back then I didn’t really use much else apart from the practice shl ones, though a tip I can give which I found helpful for speeding up and being accurate… dont worry about the question first, but concentrate on the diagram and work out what each function does. when you have an idea what a function does (ie reverse the order of letters) note that down quickly in your rough paper. so you should end up with a small description for each shape (ie reverse, remove last letter, add first letter etc). Then when you read the questions you can easily apply the function for each transormation since you are not sitting there trying to remember and test each function again, all 5 or so questions for that diagram can then be answered in a matter of few seconds! Thats how I went about it anyway.

ok cool. Do you remember if the test only worked with letter sequences? Many examples on the web [and that book - ive got it] have questions on shapes as well. I wonder whether my test will do those too?

Also I can’t find any information on example questions or practice tests for this type on test on the SHL website, if you’ve found that please let me know. Except scanning through thier test information I deduce that i may be the ‘SHL DIT6 - Diagrammatic Reasoning test’ http://www.shl.com/SHL/uk/Products/Access_Ability/Access_Ability_List/InformationTechnologyTestSeries(ITTS).htm
…not much help though.

I am not sure if there were shl ones online when I did them… I think there was, but probably not anymore. Do you not have any practice questions from PwC? When I did it a couple of years ago they sent me a link for the practice leaflet which had questions for the sequences. If you don’t have that I could scan & send em over or something…

Yeah I think its mainly letters, only letters in the practice leaflet… I can’t remember any shapes but it was a while ago and was stressful sitting the actual test so my memory might be hazey… its the same principle for shapes/letters anyway, concentrate more on which component is changing.

Oh one thing…the ones that I had in practice leaflet from PwC or the online shl (if there was one) were pretty easy compared to the real test, they only had 1 function inbetween the input & output. The ones at actual test are more complex(not to put you off)…its more like a grid, with transformations happening vertically and horizontaly for the same diagram. with 2 transformation functions inbetween the input/outputs. so it involves a bit of trial and error to deduce which function does what.

Do you need the practice leaflet with example questions from PwC? they should have really given you something if they are asking you to do this different test.

yeah I have the practice leaflet with the test info and 2 sets of questions here:

Is the leaflet you have the same examples as this? if not then a scan in would be great.

yupp its the same one. they are pretty much like that but a bit harder due to more transformations happening in the same diagram. even 3 functions sometimes I think…

Thats weird u have to do a different one? Will i just have the shapes diagrammatic test at ac? also splinter tht assessmentday.co.uk link u posted at the top, does tht contain the SHL ones, or did u mean to look on SHL website as they have some on there as well? thnx

Yeah great debate you will have to do the usual shapes one for AC, I reckon that’s a good thing, it’s easier to analyse under stress of the time. PwC used to do the flow diagrams previously at AC, I know 2 years ago anyway, wonder why they changed it. But just to confirm all AC tests are identical question style to online tests.

Ah yeah the list I gave, shl inductive test is seperate…if you scroll down on the test list you will find it. Assessment day website has two tests of this kind. If you can do these 3 you will be fine. Best of luck for the AC! Where is it?

It may be too late now, but have you been to your university careers centre? Or checked out their website, as most universities have their own practice psychometric tests you can take either online or on paper.
I did the ones at my university (Birmingham) and they will give you loads of feedback on them too and suggest things to help.
Remember they usually work with big employers etc and know what they are looking for!!! So its always worth asking!