PWC Birmingham Office 2014

Hi all,

I had my assessment centre on the 4th November, and am currently waiting for a partner interview for Assurance!

Anyone else in the same position?

Any hints and tips in particular for partners in the Birmingham Office?

I m preparing for a grilling but hoping it won’t be too bad!

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you please share your experience in the AC?

Sure. I m not sure I ll have too much different to add than the others but here goes.

I was the first one there so I got my badge and waited in the waiting area in reception. As the others arrived I made sure to introduce myself and have a chat. This makes it a lot easier in the group task when you need to work as a team.

The first task was the written assessment. I started writing less than five minutes in and had literally a minute to spare at the end, so you need to be able to work out quickly what is useful and what isn’t and present it appropriately.

Then I did the psychometric tests. I found these considerably easier than the online ones. If I wasn’t sure I didn’t answer however, as I was going for a high accuracy.

Finally I did the group task. Each person was given an information pack and then their own individual information which they then had to present to the rest of the group. Make an effort to do the calculations and make sure you speak clearly but concisely emphasising the major points. It’s useful to offer to summarise once everyone has spoken.
Then the ‘email’ came in telling us we had less money than we thought, we quickly recalculated and voted for our favoured option. We finished a couple of minutes early!

Finally we had lunch with some graduates who have been there a year, it was very relaxed and we weren’t assessed on this apparently.

Are you applying to the Birmingham office?

Sorry, do u mind sharing when did u hear back from them? I had mine on 7th…nothing received yet…

I heard back the next day round 5ish.

I heard back the next day. These delays are probably just due to variables which have nothing to do with your actual AC.

Advice for the Brum office is that you should know who their clients are there - obviously they are Midlands based clients.

@L.balding1991 @edward.franklin.5473
thanks !!! still not hearing back until today… got finger crossed tho…

Well I had my final interview on Wednesday and now I m waiting to hear one way or the other.
It seems to be taking so long when really it’s only been a couple of days. :frowning: I feel like the longer it goes on the less likely I am to get the job…
Any idea roughly how long it takes before they get back to you?

Well I had my final interview on Wednesday and now I m waiting to hear one way or the other.
It seems to be taking so long when really it’s only been a couple of days. :frowning: I feel like the longer it goes on the less likely I am to get the job…
Any idea roughly how long it takes before they get back to you?

mine got back after 2 working days, though I’ve seen people waiting up to 2 weeks for theirs. The difficult part is over, just sit back and relax for now :slight_smile:

Thanks, maybe I ll hear something by the end of the day. :slight_smile:

I have an AC coming up and was wondering did you all complete all the questions in the psychometric tests?

You don’t have to finish all the questions in the psychometric tests if you can’t manage it. The more you can answer, the better, but they would prefer you to get the right answer than to just guess and hope for the best. As cliche as it may sound, quality is far better than quantity!

If you think about it in terms of providing services to clients, it’s better to give the right answer after careful consideration rather than to give a random answer and hope that it’s right.

Good luck in your AC :slight_smile:

I will have ac too,birmingham office. Is there someone can tell me how to prepare for the group discussion and the report…very nervous…Thank you soooo much…

Hey, I just found out today that I passed my assessment centre in Glasgow and so need to wait for my final partner interview in Birmingham. I’ve applied for the management consulting stream so was wondering if anyone has any advice? Thanks!

I’ve accepted an offer for Assurance/Forensics in Birmingham.

Feel free to message me if you’re heading to the Birmingham office. Would be nice to know a few names before starting :slight_smile:

Congratulation and I will do Richard. How long did you have to wait between your AC and partner interview?

I had to wait 1 week, but this was also very convenient for me. They were quite flexible in the dates/times, as long as they had about a week to notify the partner.

For anyone joining the Birmingham office in 2014, here is a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/673688302694203/

Hey, I’ve requested to be added to the group! Got the job. :slight_smile: