Pwc Assurance - 2013

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been offered a role to join PwC Assurance this Autumn and would be happy to assist those who need any help/clarifications on the recruitment process.

Wikijob has been a source of help and I’d be more than happy to share my experience.

Good Luck! :slight_smile: x

Hi Tones7,

Congratulations first of all. I have the first telephone interview on the 18th. I also have applied for graduate assurance. Can you please let me know what questions were asked, what kind of business issues did you analyse and any other advise you could offer?

Sri

Hi Sri!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Please go through the first interview competencies listed on the PwC graduate website. And be ready with 2 examples for each of them, at times the interviewers would try and ask for another example to get more clarification if your first wasn’t good enough. :slight_smile:

The following were some of the questions that I can remember being asked (Pardon me if I don’t recollect all as this was almost 2 months ago)

-> Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deal with change, how did you deal with it and what did you do differently?

-> Tell me about a time where you’ve achieved something substantial as a team, what was it and what role did you play in the team?

-> Tell me about a time where you’ve had to manage multiple tasks and how did you go about prioritizing them.

-> Tell me about a time where you’ve had to voice concerns about procedures at workplace. What was it? How did you feel and how did you go about doing it?

There were 2 questions about latest business news/issues. I talked about Carphone Warehouse’s decision to buy out Best Buy from the Merger they entered earlier and about the whole merger and why I felt it didn’t work out. I would advice that you add ways in which PwC could help such issues towards the end as that shows you’re already thinking like a consultant. :slight_smile:

The other issue I discussed was Tesco’s falling profits due to an aggressive entry to market especially in Europe without an adequate business strategy. There were issues they had to address like the bird flu, horsemeat scandal etc…

Also, be prepared to discuss the qualification you would be working towards…ACA!

Just be confident and smile…it shows in your voice.

Good luck! :slight_smile: xx

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. Really appreciated.

Sri

Hi Tones7,

I had a partner interview around 2 weeks ago, and have yet to get a reply. When did you get your reply, and any ideas why the long wait?

Wiz.

Hey

I alao got the offer and I accepted it. Gatwick is my office.

This forum helped me a lot. Telephone interview had complitely same structure as described above. For assessment centre I suggest you to have already prepared structure for written exercise (1. Introduction (2 sentences), 2. Evaluation of options 2.1. Option 1 - ‘name of it’ n then 1 sentence to describe it, pros (2bullets points), cons (2bullets points), 2.2, 2.3,2.4, 3. Recommendation (2senteces)

Do not read the text just focus on 4most important pages. Just focus on structure. I had introduction already prepared and conclusion sentence

Final interview is relaxed and really nice. I got the offer 1 day after

Please feel free to contact me about the details as I have really good memory. If there is someone that is starting in the same office please let me know

Regards

Wiz!

You might want to contact the student recruitment about it. I was told by my partner it could take a week however I got a call the next day. And I’ve heard it sometimes takes a week or longer. Don’t worry, it takes a while sometime as the partner needs to write up notes and then pass it on to the recruitment for them to call you.

Good luck! :slight_smile: x

Thanks tones7. Got through the first interview. AC in July. Can you tell me kind of topics you had during your AC? Any useful information you can provide?

Hello everyone,

Those who got an offer can join following FB Group. It is not the official group as invitation to that one will be sent just before the start in September.

Cheers