PWC Assessment day

ACCA

Hi Guys,

Just passed my first telephone interview and now I have to prepare for Assessment day. Although they haven’t informed me about the date of Assessment Day yet because they haven’t got dates available. They said they would soon call to confirm the date.

So, I need your help in terms of guidance for the preparation of Assessment Day. I have applied for ‘Risk Assurance’, London, April 2013 Intake. I am familiar with the format of AD/AC. I shall be very thankful if you can guide me in the following queries:

1- How hard is the numerical test in AC/AD as compared to the initial online test? Apart from practicing SHL tests, do you recommend any other?

2- Written Communication Exercise: What is the level of complexity and volume of the information provided about the company/business? I have already passed all papers of ACCA, so do you think that having this background, interpretation of the information in this exercise shouldn’t be a big problem for me? Shall I have to give a presentation after this exercise or they will simply take the paper back and check it afterwards?

3- Group Exercise: Again, what is the level of complexity and volume of the information provided about the company/business? How am I supposed to behave in this task, since, I shall be playing as a team member?

Last thing, do they evaluate candidates against each other in AD/AC?

I am grateful to you guys in advance for all the help and guidance you can offer.

Regards,

Fahad

Hi, Fahad,

There is lots of information about the AC on Wikijobs. Take a look at this link: http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/pwc-ac-201213

Do you know the date for your AC already?
I am also waiting for an AC.

Thanks
Kaminna

Hi, Fahad,

There is lots of information about the AC on Wikijobs. Take a look at this link: http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/pwc-ac-2

Do you know the date for your AC already?
I am also waiting for an AC.

Thanks
Kaminna

Mine is on January 2.

OK then, so you know the date already. :slight_smile: I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile:

May I ask you when did you receive information about the date of the AC?
And also did you book it yourself or you were required to attend a particular one?

Thank you very much for the info in advance! It is good to know what to expect.

Regards,
Kaminna

They almost took two weeks before they called me and asked to choose one of the two dates available. They also gave option in morning or afternoon session.

Hello Fahad!

I just passed telephone interview for Risk assurance and have assessment day in late January , and really want to know your assessment experience? Can you please tell if its different to the ones described here , or PwC introduced new assignments or new topics for written report? What was your report about? And how your group exercise passed?
Do you know your results yet?

Best regards!

Hi Notami,

Congratulation for passing your telephone interview. Yes, everything is same as it’s described in other posts; nothing new has been introduced. There is no need to get worried - I got very panicked night before assessment day - staff at Pwc is very supportive and friendly and you won’t even feel that you are going to take 4 tests in three and half hours. Just relax and perform well.

In report writing, quickly go through the information and start writing immediately because most of the candidates don’t manage to finish it.

In group discussion, you will be provided with one booklet of general information and then another page of information which will be specific to each candidate. So, quickly go through the main booklet and then to your page and make notes of information so that you can clearly talk about the points.

Haven’t got my result yet.

All the best for your AD.

Best regards,

Dear Fahad,

Thanks a lot! Glad to hear there is no surprises in new year. Hope you will get your results soon!

hi Fahad,

I have my AC next week and i am very worried…especially about the tests…I am not very good at it…could you provide any details about that part of the AC…how it is in terms of difficulty? Thanks

Hi Dreamer1990,

If you have been practicing both type of tests then you shouldn’t be worried because it’s all about practice. In my case I practiced assessmentday.co.uk tests and during AC I found the tests rather easy than what I had practiced and even initial online tests. So, just practice and if possible, practice assessmentday.co.uk tests and you will get through tests successfully.

All the best for AC

Hi Fahad,

thank you for replying…i just have one last question, for the numerical test, would we be given rough paper to do our workings on? because I read in another post that this was not given…?

Hi i have an assessment center with PwC tomorrow… I am from a politics background so I am a little bit worried about the maths I have to work out in the group exercise and written exercise. Could someone please give me an idea about the calculations I need to brush up on or find formulas for? Basic market share, annual profit and stuff may come easy to you guys but not so much to me ;-( Any help is appreciated. Cheers