PwC assessment centre tests vs Assessmentday.co.uk tests

Hi everyone,

Would like to get a rough idea on the complexity of PwC’s tests relative to what I am using to practice with. If those who have been to one of their assessment centres could give their opinion on how difficult those tests were, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks!

spend time on assessment day and you’ll ace the numerical

the logical tests in the AC are much easier than the ones on assessment day (but you are asked to do 40 q’s in 20mins)

Thanks for responding Blieker.

I’m completely fine with the logical tests; it’s the numerical tests I’m concerned about. In your opinion, what sort of target (#correct/30qs) should one be aiming for on assessmentday at the very least when prep’ing for PwC’s AC?

i’d aim for getting +70% percentile in assessment day and you should be fine. If you can print out some tests and practice that way as that’s how the AC will be.

something to keep in mind is that a significant amount of candidates got someone else to sit their online tests, and they will probably get rooted out in the AC.

good luck mate!!

Yeah, I know a few people who have done just that - fortunately, I sat my own online tests! Thought it would be better to know earlier on in the process if my numeracy skills weren’t good enough, rather than find out just as I’m caressing the finish line.

So far I’ve printed out all the practice tests and completed them by hand - a little skeptical as to whether the marking (i.e. norm’d scores/percentiles) isn’t distorted as test conditions/takers are difficult to control for.

Is it just me or does the practice tests in assessmentday not get progressively more complex as you complete them in order (i.e. more info to digest/more transformations to perform)?

cheers for the replies guys… i was just looking for the answer to the same question…

any tips on the report???

From what I’ve read, it seems as though structure/grammar/spelling are of most importance with regards to the report. I don’t think they expect you to finish it.

How’s prep’n coming along so far? What service line have you applied for?

don’t get bogged down in too much detail, read through the report and get a general understanding

then skim each page and pick out several key points, and then start writing.

i thought i had failed because my hand writing is TERRIBLE and i basically rewrote what was on the page but it got me through :slight_smile:

remember to make a solid paragraph in the end about your opinion, use some calculations and facts from the report to back up your opinion.

cheers mate… thanks for the tips

thanks for quick reply … prep is coming along ok (thanks to god)… iv applied for audit… wbu?

hi, i have an assessment day on thursday, any advice on how people are preparing would be very appreciated! also ive applied for actuarial, anyone know whether i will sit verbal reasoning or logical reasoning at the assessment day as i did verbal in my application process.
thanks

hi, i have an assessment day on thursday, any advice on how people are preparing would be very appreciated! also ive applied for actuarial, anyone know whether i will sit verbal reasoning or logical reasoning at the assessment day as i did verbal in my application process.
thanks

@noura123 - i’ve applied to corporate finance. Had your AC yet?

@hmb123 - sorry about not replying before your AC. Seeing as the process for all areas of PwC are standardised (at least up until the final interview) hopefully you was able to find some info elsewhere on this forum that answered your qs.

hi hmb123

hope your assessment centre went well. i have mine next week can you please help me out with what you did during the day?
much appreciated!

Hi hmb123 and gradjob12,

I have my actuarial assessment centre on the 27th, just wondered if you had any comments to add about it? Hope it went well for you both. I’m currently practising the logical tests on Assessmentday and have to admit I’m really struggling - generally coming up in the 50th percentile. Did you find the logical tests as dfficult in the assessment centre as those on Assessmentday?

Cheers,

Lisa.

Hi guys,

I was wondering are the numerical qs from the AC the same as the online ones SHL provide i.e do they just recycle the same ones as you get online or do they have completely new questions for the AC?

Cheers

Screen shots of PwC SHL ones or Assessmentday.co.uk ones? :slight_smile:

Hi, yeah I also wonder if you speak about the SHLs ones or the assesmentday,co.uk? Does anybody know if the questions that pwc give at the AC are more similar to SHL or to the assesmentday ones? which ones are a better preparation? How can you get the SHL question package?

AustrianEconomist> I am interested in your screenshots =)

They are similar to SHL, as SHL provides them to PwC))) There is full practise test in SHL website http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html As far as I know there are no other packages, because SHL sells their tests to companies, but not to mere mortals like us)))

Thank you so much Farid!!! I wondered because I read that assesmentday’s tests are more difficult and although they are not the same as pwc they might give a good preparation. I am going to a first interview but it takes time to prepare for AC…so I wonder to buy or to die :S