PwC Assessment Centre 2016

When did you have your assessment centre?

What data did you need to calculate?

I did wrong in some cost, profit stuffs. It was about a business proposal.

Hello, anyone attended an assessment centre on the 3rd of May in Uxbridge gotten any reply yet??!

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone who’s recently done an ac recently for a grad scheme could share some information on the topics used in the individual and group tasks? Is it still sustainability as kokonut suggested? his post is from 2015 so Im thinking that that it could have changed since then…
Also, people have mentioned that as part of group task we will have to calculate some profit and loss stuff. Do I need to do any particular prep for this or are the calculations quite intuitive and straight forward ( non finance background)?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone who’s recently done an ac recently for a grad scheme could share some information on the topics used in the individual and group tasks? Is it still sustainability as kokonut suggested? his post is from 2015 so Im thinking that that it could have changed since then…
Also, people have mentioned that as part of group task we will have to calculate some profit and loss stuff. Do I need to do any particular prep for this or are the calculations quite intuitive and straight forward ( non finance background)?

Hi could you please share your ac experience? the group and individual tasks, what topics did they have? what sort profit and loss calculations did you have to make?

Hi could you please share your ac experience? the group and individual tasks, what topics did they have? what sort profit and loss calculations did you have to make?

Assessment Centre 2016 August 3rd in London

Right guys I applied for Human Resources Placement on the 4th of July and got an email to do a test but I did my test on 25th July and was invited to an assessment centre for the 3rd. I used this website for a lot of advice and it did help me.

They emailed me that I will be doing :

1. Numerical/Diagrammatical
  2. Group Exercise
  3. Written Exercise

There was about 12 people in the assessment centre however only 1 was applied for the same thing as me, other were all applying for graduate roles. They first made the group do a written exercise, and for this I would say manage your time carefully, however they look for structure and clarity the most so even if you do not finish it is ok as long as your report is a good standard. For my report I did the introduction, point 1 pros/cons, point 2 pros/cons, point 3 pros and cons. I was in my conclusion however did not finish.

The second task was the tests. Note - they say diagrammatical but they mean logical! Lucky the logical questions were more or less the same and not that hard as I had revised diagrammatical on AssesmentDay website. I answered 30/40 questions for logical and for numerical 16/20. They look for accuracy so even if you answered 3/4 but get most of them right then it doesn’t matter too much

The last task was the group exercise, you each are given a scenario which you have to pitch to the other members. 6 people in a group btw. The group tasks looks at you and your ability to listen, speak and general skills. You have 20minutes to digest the information and 30 mins to discuss the issues. With about 10mns to go there is a change in the scenario - so for ex - the funding is cut. You have to change your plan and they look at how you react and what decisions you make. Calculating the figures is very good and also use facts from the brochure you are given to back up your points!!

Overall it was a good experience and felt I could have done better but if you stay cool and remember the aspects they look at, - which are - accuracy, teamwork, written skills and being able to gather information and get your views across in a systematic manner.

The one thing which I found difficult was managing my time, even when you ask them how long left they are not allowed to tell you which I found was a bit unfair.

Hey! Can you shed some light on the case study that was given to you? I have my AC in a weeks time. Thanks!

Case study was about a 6-7 page report and then you have to decide which are the best options for the company… Have a structured layout such as intro - middle- conclude. Its ok not to finish the report but long as it is clear and precise.

How long did you have to wait to get your response for the assessment centre?

where did you have the assessment centre, is the written task still related to water conservation?

London and yes, but they said they will be changing it soon.

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if we need to write the letter of transmittal, situational analysis, problem statement and recommendations, like the proper order of a report or will it just be a comparatively casual one with introduction, pros/cons and conclusion. I am not sure how to approach it. Also, can you tell me what was the topic of the case study based on, if that is okay? Thanks !

Did you get your final interview then? Ive just passed my AC and waiting for dates

Hi, I’ve got an assessment centre coming up and I am unclear on what the “diagrammatical” test will be like. Just bought the assessment day package, but I’m not sure if I should focus logical tests or the inductive tests (there is a difference). Any help would be much appreciated.

Drop me a message - Done an assessment centre for PwC in January and passed.

Anyone going for the AC on the 20th of September in Birmingham?

me!!