PwC application withdrawed because of visa

Yesterday I was expecting a partner interview when I received a phone call from pwc saying that they had to withdraw my application because I will be unable to submit my visa application within 3 months before the commencement date (probably 08/2016).

My visa expires in 16/01/2016. Worse still, there is no spring intake for my division (Building Digital Trust) so they cannot transfer to that period. And it is impossible to transfer a tourism visa to T4 as well.

There seems no way not. Anyone facing the same issue?

Hey.
I’m so sorry you’ve had a bad experience. I had my Partner Interview on Friday the 20th and was rejected for some odd reasons. A couple of my friends who are also internationals sat for Partner Interviews were rejected on some grounds or the other. It appears the firm seems to be taking a hostile stance with International Students. Once gain, my most sincere apologies, hope you find success with other firms.

What visa are you on currently , tier 4 ?
As I am in the same position but haven’t gotten any call. I passed the assessment center now waiting for the partner interview.
My visa expires 30th May 2016, not sure if they will consider it or not.

Thanks mate, that happens. Sorry about your rejection as well. Wish you the best of luck for the future, and with your other applications.

Yes, its tier 4. I think you will be alright. Good luck.

Would you mind elaborating on the reasons why they were rejected?

I was told I did not display one of the competencies. My other friends were given various reasons for rejection such as not showing competencies, not showing an inclination to the business etc. One of them failed at AC stage because of not making “enough eye contact”. And another failed because they couldn’t understand someone’s accent.

Umm I think these are very important things to show in order to pass especially core competencies. And the accent thing too. I have a friend who always always failed interviews because of the way he speaks/his accent. Interviewers lose interest very quickly if they can;t understand why youre saying.

Umm I think these are very important things to show in order to pass especially core competencies. And the accent thing too. I have a friend who always always failed interviews because of the way he speaks/his accent. Interviewers lose interest very quickly if they can;t understand what youre saying. I got rejected because of stupid reasons too. It’s just that competition is too high and they have to think of a way to screen candidates

Yes. They are important competencies to show but telling people they’ve not displayed the competency when you know you have, really makes you wonder what they are looking at. And it’s not because my friend had an accent, he had a mild 20 second difficulty in understanding what the other person was saying. I’m also not entirely sure what is “enough eye contact”. How does one even determine that?

If you’re applying for September, you’ll be fine. It takes 3 months to put together a Visa at any rate but you’ve got the jump on this one. They’ll inform you of any problems that may occur anyway. Good luck.

PwC stopped sponsoring international candidates, except the cases when the candidate has Tier 4 Visa at the moment of application to Tier 2 Visa.

Hello, I feel very sorry for your situation. By the way, may I ask you what visa you prepared? Is that a 458 visa?